Just some ideas for the future:

televizor_Ad_resized.jpg
newzion2_alt_resized.jpg

What countries in Africa are primed to be the the anti colonial powers? I'd say Nigeria, Holy Roman east Africa, Egypt, Ethiopia and Morocco are the states most likely to emerge with the capabilities to project their power within the continent.

Speaking of Nigeria Igbo culture honestly seems quite compatable with the AFCs ideal of a member of the pinnacle race. Otl some people compared parts of their culture with the protestant work ethic. Perhapse the Middle African government could use them as favored subjects to increase their grip over their vast empire. I hope we get an indepth update about the state of the new Middle African republic and how the state functions. I can't imagine it will be able to hold itself together very long now that Illuminism is moving into Africa.

Last edited:
For Iran im curious about the Bahai faith. Seeing how wacky this tl is with religion it would be intersting to see a TTL analogue of the Bahai taking over Iran. The majority of the population would most likley be against it but all it takes is a Shah to be converted to see Perisia moving in that direction. Earlier on I remember Iran being compared to the Meji restoration in this TL so maybe the Shah himself could be a candate for the prophet of a religion that synchronizes Shia Islam with Zoroastrianism. If this timelines cold war is anything like the OTL one it would be Interesting to see a much larger Iran butt heads with the NUSA.

Speaking of Nigeria Igbo culture honestly seems quite compatable with the AFCs ideal of a member of the pinnacle race. Otl some people compared parts of their culture with the protestant work ethic. Perhapse the Middle African government could use them as favored subjects to increase their grip over their vast empire. I hope we get an indepth update about the state of the new Middle African republic and how the state functions. I can't imagine it will be able to hold itself together very long now that Illuminism is moving into Africa.
Biafran War intensifies.

Smol video to illustrate on simpler terms the wackiness of it:

Also, there's been talk about the igbos having some ancient israelite origin (I know, lazy Google search link, but it gets deeper the more you scroll down), and there are communities of Igbo Jews.

Last edited:
EUROPE FALLS: THE CENTER CANNOT HOLD

EUROPE FALLS:
THE CENTER CANNOT HOLD
52801655139_c55c6d2473_z.jpg

West Germanian military police advance through a neighborhood falling to anarchy

Central Europe, while not as heavily contaminated as Britannia, Ireland, Holland, and Northern France, was still very much devastated by the detonation of the Massive Area Denial Device, with the first anthrax spores landing in West Germania (officially known as the Germanian Republic) in March, 1954. But the real impact was felt long before, as millions of refugees from Britannia and Holland fled across the border. Aging multi-term Reichsprasident Wilhelm Friedrich Burst, who was wheelchair-bound and only rarely ever appeared in public by this point, resigned. A long-time American plant-puppet who greatly despised the new Oswaldian administration, Burst had long desired a way to step down, and the mayhem that currently was breaking out in society at large was the perfect chance. His American handlers, too busy securing their own exits from the likely collapse of the government, paid no mind as he penned his resignation with a shaky hand.​

"I have led this government since 1944. I was fairly popular and inoffensive, they said--palatable to both the Germanian masses here in the Reich and our American masters in Philadelphia. I have served this country for ten long years as Reichsprasident, and for my entire adult life in the military and the government. I have done my best to defend what little sovereignty we were allowed by our membership in the perfidious League of Nations and against the encroachments of the godless wastrels of the East. I am old. I am sick. And as this age collapses from the entirely-foreseeable anthrax 'incident' in Britannia, I am doing the honorable thing by admitting that I am not the man to hold this country together during this time of crisis. I love this country, I love my volk, but I cannot go on. Effective immediately, I resign as Reichsprasident. In a few moments, this sick man will take his final dignity and meet his God. God willing, I will see you all in the next life, if we are not cast into outer darkness for the terrible sins we have committed and for the blasphemous and bloodsoaked allies we have made. I advise all who listen to this, my final address, during this, seemingly the End of Days, to repent in time while time you have, for there is no repentance in the grave. May God bless the Reich, and may God forgive me."

- The Final Address of Reichsprasident Burst

Burst proceeded to take his own life via an overdose of prescription medication. As can be imagined, neither his suicide nor his address calmed the public. The government began to fracture and break down immediately, and a council of generals and admirals announced they would form an emergency government. This brought little comfort to those who saw desperate hordes of foreigners crossing a border growing more and more heavily contaminated with anthrax spores. It offered no peace of mind to the mothers and fathers struggling to buy food and necessary supplies at stores rapidly falling to looters. The brutal extended winter and the spring floods further devastated morale. As old post-Great World War militias reformed, such as the Lutheran brigades, and looters and armed thugs began to control huge sections of major cities, the official Army and Navy was bleeding manpower. Within a short period, ten percent of the military had deserted in favor of returning to their homes and cities to be with their families to attempt to either secure ways out of the country or to hunker down and await the coming storm.

On April 2, 1954, the "Emergency Governing Council" declared that Treasury Secretary and Lutheran minister Ludwig von Koehler would serve as acting Reichsprasident. There was no true "right hand man" to succeed Burst as Reichsprasident, as the position was supposed to be filled with the winner of an emergency election in the wake of the death of the sitting ruler. By offering the position to von Koehler, a civilian bureaucrat, the EGC hoped to keep a calm, friendly face on things. Unbeknownst to them, von Koehler was actually an Illuminist agent, doing as his bosses in Moscow instructed so they would not release damaging information about his personal and sexual life. When he delivered the infamous "Third of April Speech," live on radio from the capitol of Hamburg, it horrified the EGC. In the address, which mostly was directed to the armed forces, von Koehler told these terrified men that if they so desired, they could return to their families, effectively promoting the desertion that had already nearly-crippled the military. Not only that, but those who were currently incarcerated and awaiting possible capital punishment for desertion were to also be freed, effective immediately. This was all playing into the long-term plans of the Illuminists for a sweeping conquest of Central Europe.

In mid-April, riots erupted in the major prisons across the country. Many of them were initiated by the deserters on their way out, thinking it cruel to leave these men to rot in the face of near certain death. The prisons had more than halved rations, as food was becoming more and more scarce. If babies and the elderly in Hamburg could not fill their bellies, the government was not going to feed murderers, rapists, anarchists, and other miscreants. This was also part of von Koehler's intentional sabotage to prepare the way for an Illuminist invasion. One April 20, thousands of prisoners at the Hohenzollern Estate, a former royal palace used as a prison not far from the Berlin Free State, executed their guards and hanged the corpses from the barbed wire-lined walls. Red banners made of bed sheets dyed with blood and bearing handpainted Illuminist symbols were draped from the guard towers. The radio equipment in the nearby town was seized and a broadcast was sent into East Germania:​

"Please help us. We, the people of West Germania, beg for an intervention from our brothers in the East. The bodies are stacked like cord wood, the fields are dusted with anthrax, and the food and water are almost gone. We have seized Hohenzollern Prison and declared an Illuminist revolution. Do not let us die. We beg for the Areopagus and for Equal Citizen Vadim Maximovich to send assistance and show this dying nation a way into a glorious future. There are many of us here, and all over the Reich, who will support the importation of the Second Enlightenment. Please, we beg of you. Long live the Revolution."

52801680649_6ac21898da_c.jpg

A prisoner's sketch of the aftermath of the revolution at Hohenzollern Prison, 1954

This was the last straw for von Koehler, who was arrested by the EGC. General Konrad Goethe was declared the new chief executive, and he immediately split what remained of his army in two and demanded total and complete loyalty. The dawn of May brought not only more rain and flood but also word that the Illuminists were massing on the border. Roughly thirty percent of Goethe's army was left in the west to manage the sprawling refugee camps and brigands, in conjunction with the militias, while the rest were sent to the border regions to defend against a possible Illuminist incursion. Despite their personal animosity, the West Germanian government shared intelligence about Illuminist troop movement with the New Holy Roman Empire.​

52800878372_cdc51ed7dc_z.jpg

General Konrad Goethe addresses his men, 1954

"Holy Father, if the godless scum press this attack for which they are currently preparing against our Protestant neighbors in the north, it will forever reduce us from a great empire to a pitiful fiefdom, cut off from the world almost entirely. We will have the southern shores, but that offers little if the Illuminists press for control of the Mediterranean. Our fleet is much too small to compete. We are a land-based force of God, I am afraid, and we have few friends that would intervene if the atheists chose to blockade our ports and starve our peoples into submission. Our citizens worship the true God and are loyal to the True Pope, and we will fight. We fight now or we starve later.

I will not make a decision without consulting you. But I plead with you to urge the people to action, to secure the north, and to liberate Bohemia. If we can catch them in a bad position, if we gain and hold momentum, I will have our tanks at the steps of the Areopagus in six months. My only concern is that the Illuminists likely have, according to our sources, have some form of nuclear weapon, the capabilities and range of which we do not know. In the end, the decision is yours, Holy Father. Deus vult."

- Kaiser Adolf in his daily briefing for Pope Peter II, dated April 15, 1954

"Holy Father, may this message find you well on this day. I, your humble servant in Christ the Redeemer, Chancellor Evola, wish to discuss with you the matters of a potential offensive to turn back a likely Illuminist invasion of Northern and Central Europe. I fear, Holy Father, that His Imperial Majesty the Kaiser, our Holy Roman Emperor Adolf, may be uninformed as to the possible destructive capability, number, and range of the atheist superweapons of nuclear nature, or simply blind to it in his lust for another Crusade against so diabolical and cruel an opponent. If we initiate a conflict without such weapons of our own (which we are still several years from developing, I might add), we shall be wiped from the earth by the Illuminists and cause the collapse of our revived Roman state. I understand the Kaiser's concerns about the Bohemians, but need I mention that they are Protestants--ones given the chance many a time to leave their heresy and join our glorious Empire. The Bohemians are not our ally. They are apostates! And I will not die in the defense of an apostate, Holy Father. I do not wish to see our young men be blown to bits for a pack of Hussites and Lutherans. We need to build up our naval resources, conclude our atomic project, and then deal with the godless foe once and for all. I trust your judgment, Holy Father, and I trust that you will see the wisdom and honesty of my words. Your servant always, deus vult."

- Chancellor Evola in a letter given to Pope Peter II, dated April 17, 1954.

52801864263_948d06e8ff.jpg

New Holy Roman Emperor Adolf, circa 1954

52801816940_e0f65a2dab.jpg

Julius Evola, Chancellor of the New Holy Roman Imperial Diet (1953 portrait)

Pope Peter II summoned both Adolf and Evola to Rome on April 20, 1954, with the two arriving on private planes at the Vatican Airport in the middle of the night. The Holy See was in an uproar, as was the central government back in Vienna, and screaming-matches between those favored war and those who did not echoed across the nation. Mobs were gathering in the streets, from Rome to Constantinople, demanding action or peace. The Balkans, under an uneasy yoke still since their conquest in the previous two decades, were especially volatile, a powderkeg of potential Illuminist fifth columnists and nationalist revolutionaries not yet completely rooted out by Erhard Raus's Office of Inquiry.​

52801991063_110258affb.jpg

Grand Inquisitor Erhard Raus, circa 1950s

"God's Chosen Representative on Earth" was of the opinion that their nuclear weapons situation would never improve. Uranium was an incredibly rare resource in the NHRE and not a resource which any country traded in. Their rocketry and missile systems were up to par with other modern powers, but in general, their weapons and equipment were out-of-date and much more fit for bullying the Balkans into line rather than confronting the second-largest superpower on the planet. This belief pushed Peter into the same camp with Evola in seeking to avoid all-out conflict. At the same time, he ordered the emptying of the Illuminist embassy in Vienna and severed formal diplomatic relations with the Areopagus, officially accusing them of planning to take advantage of the anthrax threat to violate treaties. Maximovich and his men laughed off these condemnations, denied any such plans, and retorted by saying that the Empire did all these things in its bloody Balkan Crusade.
52800916172_f1b65b817c_z.jpg

NHRE soldiers parade through Vienna, 1954

52801878715_39a9bb8664_z.jpg

Polish Illuminist troops march through downtown Krakow, 1954

"Any troops deployed into foreign states in the face of this terrible tragedy will be present only for humanitarian actions and to render medical aide and offer any assistance asked of us by the long-suffering proles of the fascist west. The people of the west have nothing to fear other than the consequences of their leaders' insane actions. The Illuminist Bloc stands as a beacon of rationality and international camaraderie amidst a sea of imperialistic warmongering and national suicide."

- Areopagus International Affairs Secretary Lech Buda in a press briefing dated April 22, 1954

The above statement by Lech Buda was essentially neither a confirmation nor a confession that an invasion of the west was imminent, but most could see the writing on the wall between the lines. In honesty, the conditions for a conquest of West Germania, the Berlin Free State, and Holland could not be better. The New United States made it clear it was pulling out of the greater European sphere of influence thanks to this disaster, and was merely trying to make the best of a terrible loss for the League of Nations by shuttling as many survivors as possible to "New Zion." Europa, in turn, was trying to do the same as well as try to recover what they could in Ireland, where a huge amount of anthrax had purposefully been deployed. Though news was hard to come by in 1954 and reliable statistics were long even scarcer, by 1960, 90% of the Kingdom of Ireland was either killed or living exile. The Bonaparte royal family of Ireland was among the first Irish refugees to take up residence in mainland Europa, being housed at the Versailles Palace with their surviving parliament members, cabinet officials, and advisors.

In the south, Portugal was experiencing a growing Illuminist movement that would likely prove a thorn in Caesar's side. Arab and Jewish revolutionaries were raising hell in the Levant. The intense schism and hatred between Avignon and Rome made an alliance--and thus the NHRE's access to Europan nuclear deterrent--fantastically unlikely. Within Europa itself, a realm that had briefly flirted with Supercatholicism, there were still closeted Illuminists plentiful enough to warrant the production of underground "Owl Rags," which were propaganda magazines intended to encourage Illuminist sabotage, subversion, and insurrection against Paris.

Maximovich decided that he would bait the New Holy Roman Empire by encouraging rumors of an assault on Bohemia, while in actuality they would drive for Berlin and West Germania. They would let the New Holy Romans depose the Bohemian government for them, and then the Illuminist Bohemian underground movement would rise up against them and beg for deliverance from their Papal invaders. Then, after a massive assault against the NHRE in Bohemia, they would take control of the airspace around Vienna and launch a nuclear bomb upon the central government's nerve center. They would encourage the Balkans to rise up once more and a glorious rationalist revolution would sweep aside the last vestiges of Supercatholicism to the very gates of Rome. Maximovich desired not to irradiate the glorious center of nearly half the Christian world, but to see the Owl and the Eye wave on scarlet banners from its steeples and turrets. The Equal Citizen had consulted with his crystal skulls and the "Universal Aura" he spoke to within the relics told him the time was nigh. On May 20, 1954, Illuminist troops crossed the border into West Germania. Europe was once more plunged into chaos....

Last edited:
I know Maxinovich is batshit insane but I genuely admire how he is manipulating the entire planet to accomplish his goals.

Btw I like how the whole mess resembles the Great War from the original version of WMIT.
52800878372_cdc51ed7dc_z.jpg

General Konrad Goethe addresses his men, 1954
He looks ready to curl up in angle and cry. An understable reaction.

As time goes on Europa and the NHRE are going to be sidelined in favor of the Illuminists and the Fascists- they had their time in the sun, and now (just like the OTL British Empire) they're giving way to the new world.