Of lost monkeys and broken vehicles

Things are heating up in the Middle East and the Pacific is proceeding as in OTL. Looks like Axis's advances in Iraq are about to be reversed as Britain gears up for a proper counteroffensive. I'm curious what the situation looks like in Syria right now, have the French and British managed to halt the Axis advance or are they continuing their slow bloody march? Kurdish resistance seems to be strengthening, which will be interesting to see how effective it'll be. Iran is on a knife's edge right now and I don't think it will end up favoring the Germans. A successful British counteroffensive in Iraq and/or continued Russian gains in Eastern Turkey greatly limit how much of a threat the Axis pose to Iran.
All things considered the Germans (and Turks and Italians) operate at the tail end of a very long supply line. On the other hand the same could be said about the Germans and Italians in Libya and here there is at least a
I do not envy Reza Pahlavi. Talk about caught between a rock and a hard place. It really is too bad he doesn't have the military strength apparently to truly enforce Iran's neutrality.
Neither of the parties involved here have been really accustomed to a truly sovereign Iran given WW1 and the years right prior to it. Besides all have pretty big strategic interests at stake. Frex Abadan is within bomber range from Baghdad...
Glad to see that a certain Mr Lawrence is providing valuable lessons to Kurdish guerillas. ..
Oh boy, Iran is between Scylla and Charybdis here.
Happy New Year @Lascaris and to all the readers of this magnificent TL. May you and your loved ones be healthy and joyful !
I suspect the biggest Kurdish problems are in terms of political organization, but that's not paarticularly different than the Arabs a quarter century earlier... Happy new year!
At this point I hope Iran loses the Azerbaijani majority territories so I hope they try to fight the WAllies.

Seeing the Greeks have better fighters and the Kurds continue their revolt is always fun. The trends that are set will make things very interesting at WWII and after. The wars in the middle East with Greece having a say would pan out differently I hope. Will Greece get Cyprus?
Compared to OTL it will have certain advantages that for sure...

Most likely greece will get Cyprus but not immediately post war...with increased greek participation in the war, with the American public even more pro greek and with greater greek influence in the world maybe the Cyprus issue doesn't get voted against Union in the U.N like otl but instead moves forward to a referendum (which we already know the answer) of course the uk can have some bases in Cyprus and/or crete as compensation but for now this in the future
The biggest impact on Cyprus so far has been that it still has, short of, constitutional rule. Which on one hand means the archibshop while still influential hardly has a monopoly of political power, on the other the British kept hoping they could use constitutional rule to stop bigger concessions. Would Cyprus be affected economically by a stronger more prosperous mainland Greece? Not to a very significant extend I think. Now if Greece was frex providing scholarships for the Pancyprian gymnasium this could have some side effects, thinking of a certain dirt poor Michael Mouskos here and whether he'd had taken the vows but I don't think it was doing so.
Moshe Dayan under Wingate in actual combat role ? I know he served under him pre-war, but now it is different. I hope that the 1st Jewish Brigade Group will be expanded into the Jewish Division. By all that is just, a Jewish Division should participate in the NW Campaign and to be one of the units that break through the Rhine into the heart of Nazi Germany.
The British, would conceivably want to limit Jewish combat formations to similar numbers to Arab combat formations. How practical that proves...
Is it fair to assume that these are newly-arrived Stuarts?
Possibly but not necessarily. These are OTL armoured units brought to theatre upon the OTL timetable.
How many Merlins can Greece produce per month ? And how many Ierax?
90 fighters and bombers overall for 1941. Enough engines for them, possibly enough to send some to Egypt as well. The likely model here is Australia, which had about twice the industrial of TTL Greece, was relatively cut off from the rest of the Allies and her aircraft industry mostly grew up from scratch.
Holy Butterflies! If previously, we believed to be witnessing radical changes ITTL, in relation to OTL, with the ME and Anatolia turned in an active battlefront, even more than in the last war and with the post war likely Soviet permanent presence there as well as its future political reshaping... Now, this ME post war seems that will be even more interesting, (even if for all those that'd be involved, it'd be in the Chinese sense)…
Especially, after that, forced by the circumstances, the British has had to give up their traditional opposition to the formation (what'd seemed as only the first of many) and deployment of Jewish combat units...
The British have to deal with an enemy army of ~360,000 in Syria and Iraq in June 1941. They don't have the luxury of adhering to Colonial Office sensibilities when it comes to raising up as many troops as they can. So I would think British action here are a logical consequence of the situation they have to deal with?
Without mention IMO, the more than probable post war conflicts and trilateral or even, (with the French plus the Soviet) a multisided clash of interests and ambitions, ITTL postwar ME...
But, I'd guess that, chiefly among them would be those that would happen between the Hashemites and the Zionists ones...
Between a bigger and war veteran Arab Legion at the service of the Hashemite Emir/Jordanian political and territorial ambitions and the former British army, Jewish units, which, ITTL, may appear that'd form the nucleus from ITTL future Autonomist militias or even independents Israelis armies.
The not-yet Israelis and the Jordanian Hashemites are the ones gaining the most hear. And Abdullah of Jordan was a rather ambitious man OTL having his sights on Palestine and even Syria. Here there is even more to be gained. If the British win in Iraq who becomes the new king of Iraq for example?
Got to love Nazi diplomacy. And of course the Nazi inability to focus on the most important goals. This timeline captures this really well. Very excited to see the inevitable German-Turkish overreach in the Middle East and the defeat that is sure to follow.
The Germans did tend to be... shall we say tone deaf when it came to diplomacy? I hope I'm keeping this within reasonable levels.
I wonder if post cold-war we could see the rise of something like a Black Sea Pact or a 'little NATO' with Greece-Armenia-Georgia? Against whatever Turkey becomes or Russia. Could cause some interesting dynamics in the middle east depending on what happens with Kurdistan/Assyria etc. They're all poised to have quite a bit more oomph than in our timeline...
That's too long term to comment yet starting with the "post cold-war" to begin with. The Soviet system has certain inherent economic issues of course. How the chips would be falling nearly three quarters of a century post-POD...

So I would think British action here are a logical consequence of the situation they have to deal with?
Oh, I agree. It's only that I guess that even ITTL ME dire situation in general, for Britain, that the colonial Office, would probably, have been brought around 'kicking and screaming'.

And Abdullah of Jordan was a rather ambitious man OTL having his sights on Palestine and even Syria. Here there is even more to be gained. If the British win in Iraq who becomes the new king of Iraq for example?
Well, this makes me think that TTL post war, that aside to value his key collaboration in the war effort against both the Turks and the Nazis. Perhaps, the decision makers in the Allied capitals would look favourably to the Hashemites forming/ruling a bigger Arab kingdom/superstate.
As a way to counterbalance both the Soviet, with their puppets, and to the political and geopolitical mess that, TTL Eastern Anatolia seems that would become, for the Allied governments...
Also, and alternatively, at least I, wouldn't discard that if Abdula and his dynasty get in a position as the above mentioned, that he eventually 'd consider to attempt to recover their lost Kingdom of the Hijaz from the Saudis... Of course, that in a scenario, as the just proposed, that the role to be played for the just formed Jewish British army units and as well by the Zionist and Jewish migration in Palestina, would get even more important.

Well, this makes me think that TTL post war, that aside to value his key collaboration in the war effort against both the Turks and the Nazis. Perhaps, the decision makers in the Allied capitals would look favourably to the Hashemites forming/ruling a bigger Arab kingdom/superstate.
There's no way Israel won't be created post war due to the Holocaust, but bits of Syria and Iraq can be added to the holdings of the Hashemites. I still think the Middle East will still be a geopolitical mess no matter what happens as the various ethnicities hate each other too much and are living in such a small area. Seeing Abdullah die would be interesting just because the differences that would cause.

Last edited:
Frex Abadan is within bomber range from Baghdad...
Given the scale of effort & casualties that the 9th Air Force took to make a significant dent in Ploesti, it's hard with OTL hindsight to see a couple of dozen He 111's as more than a nuisance threat to Abadan.

But without OTL hindsight, in (this or our) 1941 of course people still tended to overestimate the effectiveness of modest amounts of strategic bombing

Perhaps, the decision makers in the Allied capitals would look favourably to the Hashemites forming/ruling a bigger Arab kingdom/superstate.
That was pretty much the intent of the British IOTL, as I could read in James Barry's A line in the sand. London knew from the days of the Arab revolt in Palestine their influence and hold in the region was on borrowed time and it was due to explode some time with the Jewish settlement issue still open, well before ww2. As I understand it, their idea was to put Abdullah, someone they knew could be relied upon, on the throne of a resurrected kingdom of Syria engulfing not only Transjordan and Palestine, but also Syria and possibly Lebanon, conveniently kicking the French out in the process. In return, Abdullah would give the Jews some autonomy; or at least that would be his problem then.
The project was buried after its main supporter, Lord Moyne, was assassinated by Jewish agents in Cairo.

Now, with the Free French in control of Syria without having had to enter in the trail of the Commonwealth forces, London has no practical way of imposing any sort of settlement in the French mandates, like when they forced almost at gunpoint a ceasefire after the French forces began to bomb Damascus in an attempted coup against the nationalist government of the mandate.
At the same time, now Iraq is in the balance...

Given the scale of effort & casualties that the 9th Air Force took to make a significant dent in Ploesti, it's hard with OTL hindsight to see a couple of dozen He 111's as more than a nuisance threat to Abadan.
Well, I don't think that it would be possible to compare both scenarios, cause I don't think that Abadan antiaircraft defences quantity and quality woulds be up to the Ploesti Germans ones... Of course, neither would be TTL hypothetical Luftwaffe attack, to the amount of resources that the Allies used to attack Ploesti.

Last edited:
I personally think that despite initial setbacks Axis forces will actually advance more in the East than in OTL. Especially in the Northern and Southern sectors.

Firstly Leningrad would be under a stricter siege than in OTL simply for the fact that the Finnish border is closer to the city itself. It can quite easily fall ITTL if Marshal Kliment Voroshilov, Commander of the Leningrad Front at the Northwestern Direction, had started the destruction of all Soviet military fortifications and installations within Leningrad before Stalin could replace him with Zhukov on September 8, 1941. This would have allowed the Germans to finally break through and capture the city. If this happens Murmansk will also more than likely fall in late 1941/early 1942.

On the southern front, the Axis would be helped by the diversion of Soviet troops to the Turkish (and maybe Iranian) front and would at minimum advance to the OTL lines and realistically hold Voroshilovgrad (Luhansk) and Rostov-on-Don. Maybe Sevastopol will also fall in early 1941?

I can also see the Soviets deciding to make some tactical retreats in Turkey during the battle of Moscow in order to divert troops to other fronts.

By the way, I'm really curious about the current situation in Spain and Gibraltar...

Last edited:
Well also the Germans have to divert troops to other fronts as well and germany hasn't otl Italian support in the soviet union because Italy has an active front in greece, and when the greek forces counter attack the italo-bulgarians are going to require German assistance drawing forces from the Eastern front

Last edited:
Hi @Lascaris, I had some free time during these holidays and decided to make two maps of TTL pre-WW2 Europe:
View attachment 707676
01/01/1935

View attachment 707678
31/08/1939

I updated the map in order to account for the independence of the former mandate of Syria (I assumed that Lebanese, Alawite, and Kurdish states became "independent" as well)
uh hi fellow friendly neighborhood Turk here ^^
so I know that this is a fictional history post but I really dont think Ataturk would let go of Symirna(Izmir). He didnt even let Hatay(Iskenderun) to go to Syrian hands, He called the hatay ''my personal issue''. I think he would have fought diplomaticly until he got the Aegean part and eastern Thrace.

Last edited:
While of course Atatürk wouldn't want to give up Smyrna the issue was that in this timeline the greek army entered Ankara the western powers were hostile and the soviets as well so there was no choice but to give up at that time but as you can see Atatürk in this time line successful took back Caria and cilicia-hatay so In other words he didn't give up but took another route.

uh hi fellow friendly neighborhood Turk here ^^
so I know that this is a fictional history post but I really dont think Ataturk would let go of Symirna(Izmir). He didnt even let Hatay(Iskenderun) to go to Syrian hands, He called the hatay ''my personal issue''. I think he would have fought diplomaticly until he got the Aegean part and eastern Thrace.
Let go is a matter of definition. If your argument is that Kemal even if defeated in 1921, would refuse to sign any peace and just fight on indefinitely with everyone in Turkey following him just on account of being Kemal, then no I have my doubts that was practical because to put it bluntly how many countries have ever done this while being at war for over a decade already and with no allies? You could argue that in case the army of the Grand National Assembly got defeated, a scenario of a British/Italian backed sultanic Turkey in western Anatolia and a Soviet backed Kemalist Turkey at Sivas is possible, but IMO a compromise between the two with the reins of power in the hands of the Grand National Assembly as I did here is more plausible.

If you are arguing that Kemal would be coming for a return engagement and trying to overturn every territorial loss diplomatically or otherwise, why Kemal has been pretty successful in that up to the time of his death, regaining territory from both Italy and France and establishing a pretty formidable army. And as of summer 1941 we are seeing the return engagement with Turkish armies very successful so far.

Turkey already lost wholeheartedly. Atatürk couldn't negotiate something that he would like because the Greek army is already at Ankara (Turkey already lost) so the treaty is just acknowledging the boots on the ground. Also the fact that all the major powers was fine with it and the fact that Russia is fighting the civil war (so Russia can't really intervene).

Interlude where are they now - 1941 part 1
Odysseas Alepoudelis, is serving as a reserve officer in the Cretan Division. In his little spare time he writes poems which he posts to his friend Giorgos Seferiades a high ranking diplomat with the Greek ministry of foreign affairs.

Euripides Bakirtzis is in command of the II Infantry division and one of the proteges of Pangalos. Both he and his close friends Demetrios Psarros and Stephanos Sarafis have done very well in the recent fighting.

Prodromos Bodosakis-Athanasiadis is the undisputed master of Greek heavy industry. His Hephaestus Works, ELEO and ELEX, the Hellenic Steel Company, are playing a pivotal role in the war effort and he's informally coordinating Greek war industries.

Nicholas Christofilos, is working with his former professor Pavlos Santorinis in KEHT the state factory of electronics and telecommunications recently created after the Greek state confiscated all German economic interests in Greece following the German declaration of war.

Ion Dragoumis is prime minister of Greece, in a coalition government with the Liberals under George Kafandaris. His marriage with Marika Kotopouli back in 1923 a scandal at the time is still going strong 18 years on even though no children have been born to it.

Roza Eskenazi is in Smyrna. Her club "Krystal" in the industrial district of Vyronas, the former Daragatsi, where she performs with Panagiotis Toundas and Iovan Tsaous is very popular despite, or perhaps because, rembetiko being looked down by polite society. This "second Smyrna trio" is the main representative of the Smyrna school of rembetiko, the main alternative to the "Piraeot school".

Demetrios Glinos is leading the Communist party in the senate. An articulate man well respected by not communists, he actually has relatively little influence within the party itself.

Pavlos Gyparis, is back with the army. Where exactly? Somewhere in Macedonia...

George Kafandaris, is vice-premier in the Greek government. His Liberal party is actually the largest one in parliament with 97 seats to 79 of Dragoumis National Radical party.

Konstantinos Karamanlis was first elected with the National Radicals in parliament in 1936 and recently been made minister of transport, a role in which he's proving quite effective. Karamanlis has ambitions. But he's not the only potential candidate to succeed Dragoumis, Panagiotis Kanellopoulos the minister of justice appears the most likely candidate and Dragoumis is not particularly old in the first place...

Thanasis Klaras, now Ares Makedon has taken things in his hands and start a resistance organization in occupied Thessaloniki, where the German advance caught him, even before the Communist party threw its lot with the war effort after he invasion of the Soviet Union. So far neither the "People's Liberation Front" he helped create nor the bourgeois "National Liberation Organization" of the Venizelists have had much of an impact.

Makarios Kykkotis, has been recently made an archimandrite and is officiating in the Saint Herene church as he continues his studies in the Theological school of the university of Athens. He has no immediate plans to return to Cyprus.

Leontios bishop of Paphos, has been elected archbishop of Cyprus in 1937 after the death of Nikodemos I, defeating Makarios bishop of Kyreneia. His chronic tonsil issues have gotten better after he had time to perform a tonsilectomy in Hellenic Hospital of Smyrna back in 1936 although he still must be careful with his diabetes. Leontios has proven a capable hierarch forwarding the cause of Enosis and Greek-Cypriot interests and maintaining a working relationship with the Communist Party of Cyprus, under Ploutis Servas. Leontios is himself most likely liberal leaning working closely with EOK the National Organization of Cyprus.

Kitsos Maltezos, has just joined the Hellenic Army, he's a cadet in the Reserve Officer School, moved to Heraklion in Crete from Corfu. It is going to be a difficult six months. SEAK [1] is not for the weak of heart even in peacetime, all the more so in wartime. Lieutenant General George Papastergiou the new commanding general of both SEAK and the Evelpidon school makes certain of that...

Konstantinos Mitsotakis, is serving as a 2nd lieutenant along with his close friend Panos Kokkas in the Thessalian front. Despite or perhaps because of close family ties to the Venizelos family he remains in the front lines. By all accounts the tall Cretan is remarkably unperturbed under fire, always a good thing for an officer.

Dario Moreno, is serving with the Army of Asia Minor in the siege lines of Smyrna. During his leaves he's singing in the "Black Cat" night club in Melantia/Karatas, the upper class mixed Jewish/Christian district of Smyrna. The young singer is already popular with the upper echelons of Smyrniot society. Despite similarities in their music he keeps his distance from the rather more disreputable rembetiko musicians.

Aristotle Onassis, is an up and coming name in Greek finances. His tobacco company has taken a hit from the war and the occupation of Asiatic Greece but his shipping business is flourishing.

Theodore Pangalos, is commading the Greek army. His success in holding back the German and Italian armies at Thermopylae, has made made headlines in the free world.

Alexandros Papagos has recently been promoted to command the Western Greece Army section as part of the reorganization of the Greek army. He doesn't entirely see eye to eye with his second in command Georgios Tsolakoglou who has been recently promoted to command the Greek 2nd Army Corps, in place of Alexandros Merenditis now inspector of the army.

Andreas Papandreou, is studying in Harvard university. His participation in a Trotskyite group while in the university back in Greece had been cause for a scandal against his father, but this and Trotskyism are firmly in the past. His relation with his father is problematic since the elder Papandreou divorced his mother for Cybele. Andreas has not returned back to Greece to join the army after the declaration of war, recently he has married a Greek-American, Christina Rasia.

George Papandreou, has led a split of the more leftist elements of the Liberals after the death of Eleutherios Venizelos and a failed bid to take over the party. His Democratic Agrarian party, is small in numbers with only 16 MPs but these include people like Alexandros Svolos, Elias Tsirimokos, Ioannis Sofianopoulos and Georgios Kartalis. While proclaiming himself socialist Papandreou is a committed anti-communist. In his personal life he remains married to Cybele Andrianou the great theatrical rival of Kotopouli. Their daughter Pagona was born in 1928.

George Pesmazoglou is once more the Greek minister of finance, a challenging role with war underway, over half the country occupied and the Mediterranean closed for Greek shipping. "Proia" the newspaper he created with his brother is one of the stalwarts of the National Radicals.

Spyros Pisanos is flying Ierax II fighters for the Hellenic Air Force, he became an ace back in February.

Nikolaos Plastiras has just become the Greek military attache to London, an very important position the Britain Greece's primary ally. It is also a polite way of easing him out of frontline service after Pangalos passed him over for corps command.

Themistoklis Sofoulis, has been elected to a second term as president of Greece back in December 1939. For an 81 year old, he is remarkably spry amd has repeatedly visited the front.

Ioannis Tsigantes was last seen in Thessaloniki, operating for DYPL, the Greek secret service and SOE counterpart. His brother Christodouos has recently been given command of a small new unit of which little is known...

Vasilis Tsitsanis, is on leave from the Greek army after being wounded in action. His mother and his fiancee Zoe have followed him from occupied Trikala to Piraeus where the "Vlach" is thinking of opening his own club if he gets a permanent deferment from the army.

Sofoklis Venizelos, has been a member of parliament since his election in October 1920. He has recently been made minister of war in the coalition government in place of Kafandaris as wartime pressures were too much for Kafandaris to wear that hat in addition to that of vice-premier. The younger Venizelos may not me up to the calibre of his late father but few men ever will...

Georgios Vlachos
has been publishing "Kathimerini", the leading paper of the right for more than two decades. He has not been particularly happy with Dragoumis choice to enter a coalition with the Liberals but the war effort takes precedence over internal politics, although the rivalry with the Lambrakis house papers "Athinaika Nea" and "Eleutheron Vima" which support the Liberals continues unabated. A very talented writer his own articles are always making a sense among friends and rivals alike.

Nikos Zachariadis, is general secretary of the Communist Party of Greece. Outside parliament and too young to enter the senate he does so while technically a simple citizen.

[1] Scholi Efedron Aksiomatikon Kritis

Alright I love this update. For those who are not familiar with modern greek history this is a list with almost every significant personality of the 1940s and later decades. I have so many comments to make but I will restrict myself :D

Odysseas Alepoudelis, is serving as a reserve officer in the Cretan Division. In his little spare time he writes poems which he posts to his friend Giorgos Seferiades a high ranking diplomat with the Greek ministry of foreign affairs.
I would like to post a photo of the OTL Nobel laureate when he was a reserve lieutenant fighting the Italians. The one in the middle with the swag.
elyths-40-1200x747.jpg

Nicholas Christofilos, is working with his former professor Pavlos Santorinis in KEHT the state factory of electronics and telecommunications recently created after the Greek state confiscated all German economic interests in Greece following the German declaration of war.
Christophilos having a career in Greece will have very interesting butterflies.

Pavlos Gyparis, is back with the army. Where exactly? Somewhere in Macedonia...
Well, he was a born raider and a thug. Being behind enemy lines in Macedonia raising havoc is the best use of his talents.

Konstantinos Karamanlis was first elected with the National Radicals in parliament in 1936 and recently been made minister of transport, a role in which he's proving quite effective. Karamanlis has ambitions. But he's not the only potential candidate to succeed Dragoumis, Panagiotis Kanellopoulos the minister of justice appears the most likely candidate and Dragoumis is not particularly old in the first place...
At the very least, I hope Karamanlis doesn't marry Kanellopoulos' niece. She deserved a husband to treat her better.

Makarios Kykkotis, has been recently made an archimandrite and is officiating in the Saint Herene church as he continues his studies in the Theological school of the university of Athens. He has no immediate plans to return to Cyprus.

Leontios bishop of Paphos, has been elected archbishop of Cyprus in 1937 after the death of Nikodemos I, defeating Makarios bishop of Kyreneia. His chronic tonsil issues have gotten better after he had time to perform a tonsilectomy in Hellenic Hospital of Smyrna back in 1936 although he still must be careful with his diabetes. Leontios has proven a capable hierarch forwarding the cause of Enosis and Greek-Cypriot interests and maintaining a working relationship with the Communist Party of Cyprus, under Ploutis Servas. Leontios is himself most likely liberal leaning working closely with EOK the National Organization of Cyprus.
Good news for Cyprus!

Konstantinos Mitsotakis, is serving as a 2nd lieutenant along with his close friend Panos Kokkas in the Thessalian front. Despite or perhaps because of close family ties to the Venizelos family he remains in the front lines. By all accounts the tall Cretan is remarkably unperturbed under fire, always a good thing for an officer.
A good wartime record will help him in his future political career.

Andreas Papandreou, is studying in Harvard university. His participation in a Trotskyite group while in the university back in Greece had been cause for a scandal against his father, but this and Trotskyism are firmly in the past. His relation with his father is problematic since the elder Papandreou divorced his mother for Cybele. Andreas has not returned back to Greece to join the army after the declaration of war, recently he has married a Greek-American, Christina Rasia.
I have never seen a photo of Christina Rasia. Was she blonde? I bet she was blonde.

Without being the author I know how this will turn out. Andreas will leave Christina for a younger blonde. Then he will leave the latter for an even younger blonde.

Spyros Pisanos is flying Ierax II fighters for the Hellenic Air Force, he became an ace back in February.

Excellent! Is John Agorastos Platis flyging for the RAF ?

I just think one of the biggest differences is that Pangalos instead of being a little-known figure that he is otl (I didn't know he existed before reading this tl lol) Pangalos ittl would be much more well known (on par with the other WWII generals) since he's one of the most important people in the Greek army and I'd think he'd get a lot of glory when they evantually crush the Italians, reclaim Yugoslavia and best the Bulgarians.

I just think one of the biggest differences is that Pangalos instead of being a little-known figure that he is otl (I didn't know he existed before reading this tl lol) Pangalos ittl would be much more well known (on par with the other WWII generals) since he's one of the most important people in the Greek army and I'd think he'd get a lot of glory when they evantually crush the Italians, reclaim Yugoslavia and best the Bulgarians.

Yeah, I expect Pangalos to be an Army Group commander. He will have have under his command, 2 greek armies (one in european and one in asiatic Greece), 1 serbian army and either 1 or 2 mixed franco-british-commonwealth armies. Until the Allies land in France, we will probably command the biggest Allied Army Group.

Yeah, I expect Pangalos to be an Army Group commander. He will have have under his command, 2 greek armies (one in european and one in asiatic Greece), 1 serbian army and either 1 or 2 mixed franco-british-commonwealth armies. Until the Allies land in France, we will probably command the biggest Allied Army Group.

I expect Dragoumis to be showing Pangalos a lot as the face of the Greek army in propaganda/newsreels, and since he's a decent army commander I think he'd be seen in the same vein as Patton in some ways, provided nothing tarnishes his name in an extreme way.