WI Tony Blair had succeeded as a music impressario and did not go up to Oxford

Would he now be a judge on X factor?

Better him than Simon Cowell for American Idol.

Then again, you never know, maybe he could even have been a conductor for the BSO or even replace Keith Lockhart for conducting the Boston Pops.

Then again, you never know, maybe he could even have been a conductor for the BSO or even replace Keith Lockhart for conducting the Boston Pops.

He was never going to be a great musician but I can see him as a manipulative promoter discovering new bands and even planting the next big trend.

Better him than Simon Cowell for American Idol.

:rolleyes: There would not be "American Idol" without Simon Cowell.

Keep someone as equally grey as him in and I think the chance is there. If no win in 97, then I certainly think Conservative chances would have been much more promising in the 2001 elections
It would take Labour electing John Prescott, with him getting caught having sex with his secretary the day before the election to get Labour to lose the 97 election I feel.

Last edited:

MrP

Banned
It would take Labour electing John Prescott, with him getting caught having sex with his secretary the day before the election to get Labour to lose the 97 election I feel.

Seldom do we agree on politics, but this is one of those rare occasions. ;)

Not sure how much of an effect this would have seeing as British politics were more centralised even a decade ago. I think it would damage Labour but by then, the Tories were practically dead in the water anyway. And I can't get the image of Tony Blair of being like Cliff Richard out of my head now...