Who Is The Worst President America Never Had?

This. Plus, he actually wanted to nuke China so badly, he actually tried to set himself up as independent of any Presidential restraint, effectively starting a, thankfully failed, coup attempt.

True, but the question was who would be the worst president for the USA.

Bad, very bad for the Chinese, Koreans and Vietnamese, but MacArthur would have actually done a pretty good job as president for Americans if he managed to avoid being impeached for asshole-ness and didn't try to pull off an auto-coup. He would have crushed Hoover, reigned in the CIA and given McCarthy a swift kick in the ass. And the parts of Asia that weren't glowing in the dark would be nice loyal clients of the US.

Stalin, and Khrushchev, weren't willing to go to war over Asia. Their focus was on Europe. MacArthur's was on Asia.

Well yes 20th Century and he certainly did enough damage to be considered a president not a non-president, but my later 2 are certainly valid for AH!

True, but the question was who would be the worst president for the USA.

Bad, very bad for the Chinese, Koreans and Vietnamese, but MacArthur would have actually done a pretty good job as president for Americans if he managed to avoid being impeached for asshole-ness and didn't try to pull off an auto-coup. He would have crushed Hoover, reigned in the CIA and given McCarthy a swift kick in the ass. And the parts of Asia that weren't glowing in the dark would be nice loyal clients of the US.

Stalin, and Khrushchev, weren't willing to go to war over Asia. Their focus was on Europe. MacArthur's was on Asia.

Yes, okay, how do you forsee American relations in asia post-nuked china. Future generations will interpret nuking both Japan and China as a hate crime. US would be more hated in China than Japan. (and that's saying something).

If there is later Vietnam TTL (with cambodia and Laos on the side), I see this becoming a huuuuge problem.

Asnys,
The more, I Think about it , the more correct I am, that clown was never president in the 20th century, so he was the worst president the USA never had in the 20th century, though in reality he was surpassed by the others, I mentioned subsequently!

I'm surprised he only got one mention, but Charles Lindberg. Under him Lend Lease was more likely to go to Germany if it happened at all. Imagine Hitler with American resources during Barbarossa.

Ugh, I really dislike the common perception that Lindbergh was a Fascist. The man had a pet issue that he was wrong on, that's the only thing he's guilty of. If he was given presidential powers he wasn't about to sell America to Germany.

Any doubts of his patriotism can easily be dismissed if you bother to look at his actions -after- Pearl Harbor.

I find it really entertaining that there are at least five names that are on both the Worst and the Best Presidents We Never Had lists... Not unexpected, but entertaining.

I find it really entertaining that there are at least five names that are on both the Worst and the Best Presidents We Never Had lists... Not unexpected, but entertaining.

No, I think it's VERY expected. McGovern and Goldwater and kinda "love-em-or-hate-em" type of guys.;)