War-Front - New WW2 'Alternate Reality' game

http://www.war-front.de/en/home.html

So, what's everyone's opinions on this? My first impressions are that its a little close to Red Alert 2 (Hitler's Death used as excuse for silly technologies), edging on NaziWank, and making the typical WW2-game mistake of writing anyone who isn't American, German or Russian out of history.

"The story is written by some of Hollywood's brightest screenwriting talents"

That explains it. Those hacks couldn't write their way out of a paper bag.

I might be being a tad harsh, so feel free, anyone, to put me right. Tell me its not all bad... It does look nice, purely game-wise...

So the Nazis rule Europe with the might of their iron mechas...

For the love of Jimminy Cricket, C&C was more realistic than this lot. And I'm including the time travel with that statement.

Well at least C&C waitted to be in 2030 before having mech and not 60 years in the past (they buisness wise changed the flag of Nazi Germany)

it's a computer game... who cares about plausibility? If the game is actually fun to play, the background is meaningless... Red Alert had an atrocious background, but was so damn fun to play, no one really minded...

it's a computer game... who cares about plausibility? If the game is actually fun to play, the background is meaningless... Red Alert had an atrocious background, but was so damn fun to play, no one really minded...

The only thing I don't get is why do they need to set in world war II? I mean wouldn't it have been easier to swallow it in the future or were they hoping to cash in on WWII-fan rts fan?

The only thing I don't get is why do they need to set in world war II? I mean wouldn't it have been easier to swallow it in the future or were they hoping to cash in on WWII-fan rts fan?
It presents the gamer with the butter and bread enemy of RTS (and FPS) games: Nazis.

It presents the gamer with the butter and bread enemy of RTS (and FPS) games: Nazis.

Well actually it seem aren't Nazi in that game (they don't even use swatsizka) just seem like very bad german

(I wonder if RTS of WWI would be exicting)

Nazi 1940s mechs? I might have played this game a month ago, but it's now too late; Supreme Commander has just prebooked all my computer time in 2007. (It's really good, though I may be biased since I've been waiting for a new Total Annihilation for ten years.)

(I wonder if RTS of WWI would be exicting)

I think there was one a while back, made the people who made the Cossacks series of games. It was supposed to be pretty bad. I think an RTS of WWI could work. It would all about going slow, combining arms, and timing to achieve victory. And imagine something like Kaiser: Total War where you could watch your infantry charging out their trenches to the blows of the whistle and the shouts officers, Maxim fire cutting them down as they ran for cover.