The HEART Development and Core Thread

Ottoman Empire progress for today.
Also, to someone who know Persian (or Middle East) history pretty good - are this Ottoman-Persian borders correct? For some reason I doubt they were exactly the same 100 years ago. And Kuwait, I am waiting for the visualization evaluation
OTTOMAN_EMPIRE_HEART.png

Spheres of influence are a defacto not a dejure thing right? I think strippes would be better in that regard as full colour to me signals an occupation rather than zone of influence

I would also like to adress smth as in that me and tomoto will probably finish the rest of the basemap by ourself, I talked about this with Zipski in DMs as well because he still seems to have major issues with the methode.

I know I said at the start of this threat I'd welcome collaboration, and I think I owe some ppl an apology in that regard, as this is really my first time organizing a mapping project of this scale and I think that has shown :( I did not realize at the start how much extra work that would be (on M-BAM I pretty much only submitted patches myself), I really want to make sure the HEART basemap is of the best quality possibly and if we were still at the start of this project I would not be making this announcement but we are basically 60-70% done at this point, I talked about it with Tomoto as well and even though we would love the help for stuff like Antactica and Greenland still we didn't want to make it look like we are just pushing the annoying areas onto other people

I still encourage everyone to help out with error fixing on the existing basemap and making historical patches, though I would feel most confident at this stage to finish the basemap ourselves

Patch #86

So continuing on the USA I am making fast progress, 39 of the 50 states are done (not that the Pacific northwest is particularly difficult) so I also did 2 more countries in Africa adding Burundi and Rwanda, I think with Tanzania included now finally a Gombe Chimpanzee war patch can be made :D

Added California
Added Oregon
Added Washington state
Added Idaho
Added Wyoming
Added Montana
Added Burundi
Added Rwanda

1713432666394.png

image.png

Cuba is finished:
- Matanzas
- Cienfuegos
- Villa Clara
- Sancti Spíritus
- Ciego de Ávila
- Camagüey
1713466973848.png

I realized I never properly posted a few other islands I did some time ago:

- Trinidad
- Nueva Esparta (Venezuela)
1713467853872.png

- Puerto Rico
1713467881645.png

That completes the West Indies:
1713467986361.png

The new progress map:
1713467162678.png

Patch #87

Bit unshore how to depict the Abyei area which is effectifly under joined administation between Sudan and South Sudan while both also claim it, went for this right now but let me know if it don't make sense, oh also the Nile river is done!

Added Nebraska
Added South Dakota
Added North Dakota
Added Iowa
Added Minnesota
Added Uganda
Added South Sudan and conflict

1713517535840.png

1713517859548.png

Edit: Ilemi Triangle will be added soon

Last edited:
6# Patch for HEART addon:

- Ottoman Empire is done
- Start of French Africa
- Egypt
- Anglo-Egyptian Sudan
- Afghanistan
- Start of China collapse / Mongolia needs triple-check

Probably will start British Raj, Tripolitania or concentrate on China

**Also if someone have good Central Asia in 1914 resources/ can do HEART projection Alash territory and all Central Asia in general - It would be great
1914_AFRICA.png
1914_ASIA.png

- Ottoman Empire is done
- Start of French Africa
- Egypt
- Anglo-Egyptian Sudan
- Afghanistan
This made me realize we're probably gonna have to start depicting uncolonized African territory at some point, especially when HEART reaches either 1900 or 1884.

6# Patch for HEART addon:

- Ottoman Empire is done
- Start of French Africa
- Egypt
- Anglo-Egyptian Sudan
- Afghanistan

Probably will start British Raj, Tripolitania or concentrate on China

**Also if someone have good Central Asia in 1914 resources/ can do HEART projection Alash territory and all Central Asia in general - It would be great
A few notes about this patch:
Glaciers are not done, many Asian countries lack them and me and tomoto have comitted to not finishing them untill the base map is done
Q-gis has a key for resevoirs, under water>resevoirs, even if you can't export it you can still use it as a visual reference to see which lakes did not exist around this time

Patch #88

And the continental US is done!!!

Added Illinois
Added Wisconsin
Added Michigan
Added Indiana
Added Ohio

1713603110785.png

Blank version:
1713605110583.png

Last edited:
oh nice, i just found out about this. i originally started a similar project to redo the M-BAM in a correct projection 2 years ago, the BM-BAM, if anyone knows, but quit. good luck mapmakers.

oh nice, i just found out about this. i originally started a similar project to redo the M-BAM in a correct projection 2 years ago, the BM-BAM, if anyone knows, but quit. good luck mapmakers.
I remember you, you started in Mexico (or in lower states of USA). I am the one who got banned after some dumb argue about M-BAM xd. I actually wanted to text you about HEART like "look, it's the thing you wanted to do", but I'm lazy a bit

Patch #89

Initally I had wanted to swing North into Canada but after a quick taste of Southern Quebec I decided to head the other way for now haha

Added Southern Quebec
Added Mexico (credit to Tomoto for the Yucatan area and the east coast)
1713863443308.png

1713863422729.png

Continuing with Central America:
- Bay Islands (Honduras)
- Guatemalan claim on south Belize
- Caribbean coastlines and reefs of Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, and Chocó (Colombia)

1713946959239.png

Last edited: