The Blackadder Series

1498: Edmund sends Baldrick as governor of the new colony, but the ship capsizes in the harbour before leaving. This is seens as a message from the Lord and Edmund changes his mind.
1499: France invades Italy. Edmund considers sending an army against France now it's busy elsewhere.

1500: Louis XII conquers Milan while Edmund conquers Normandy. Would Louis withdraw from Italy to face Edmund?

Last edited:
The first Blackadder series was actually secret history. This a bit of a blurb about the start how one of the later British kings (one of the Richards, I think) rewrote history to omit his predecessor, the King who was Blackadder's father.

The later ones probably count as secret history, too... except Blackadder Goes Back and Forth.

1500: Louis XII conquers Milan while Edmund conquers Normandy. Would Louis withdraw from Italy to face Edmund?

1501: While returning to give a good beating to Edmund, Louis XII meets a charming lady at Avignon and decides to wait to reconquer her before reconquering Normandy. Edmund wonders what to do next.

The first Blackadder series was actually secret history. This a bit of a blurb about the start how one of the later British kings (one of the Richards, I think) rewrote history to omit his predecessor, the King who was Blackadder's father.

It was actually Henry Tudor (Henry VII), the "biggest liar in history," as the show calls him, who rewrote the history books to change the outcome of Bosworth Field and delete the reign of his predecessor from history.

It was actually Henry Tudor (Henry VII), the "biggest liar in history," as the show calls him, who rewrote the history books to change the outcome of Bosworth Field and delete the reign of his predecessor from history.

Ah, yes, so it was. That's what I get for not watching the first series of Blackadder much. I've seen it once, but to be honest I much prefer the later series; the first Blackadder is too much of a whiny git.

Ah, yes, so it was. That's what I get for not watching the first series of Blackadder much. I've seen it once, but to be honest I much prefer the later series; the first Blackadder is too much of a whiny git.

He was definitely that. LOL But he had his moments. The episode where he was pretending to be homosexual so as to avoid marrying the Spanish Infanta was especially good.

That being said, my favorites are the Black Adder II episodes set in Elizabethan times. With lines like "My life is strewn with cowpats from the Devil's own Satanic Herd," how can you go wrong? :D

I think we need to pay more attention to the role of Baldrick...and all the future Baldricks...:D Perhaps the Peasants Revolt is started because Chief tax collector Baldrick misunderstand the Poll Tax and starts taxing anyone with runner beans?:D

"If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick First"...could that simply be the Blackadder version of 'Blame Thande'? :D Is Thande Baldrick?:eek:

Well, if you take all the series into account, Edmund gets smarter and Baldrick gets stupider.

Baldrick is actually smarter than Edmund in the first series, IMHO.

Well, if you take all the series into account, Edmund gets smarter and Baldrick gets stupider.

Baldrick is actually smarter than Edmund in the first series, IMHO.

Yes, and he's meant to be; there was a character redesign after that series. While there are some differences between the Baldricks of series two to four, the basic pattern was set in series two and followed thereafter.

Although there are moments when Baldrick does come up with a good plan, even if (as at the end of Series Four) Blackadder doesn't use it.