Robert Redford for President

While reading watchmen this caught my eye, and am wondering if there would be any effects of a different actor as President

Interesting. I've heard of this before. I'm not sure what could make him take a different path from acting into politics...maybe some event really gets to him?

Coriolanus said:
Interesting. I've heard of this before. I'm not sure what could make him take a different path from acting into politics...maybe some event really gets to him?

At this point, it's all too easy to see Redford running for Governor of California in the 1980s. Or maybe he gets the nom from Gray Davis in 1996 or whenever it was.

I could see Mr. Redford running for Governor of California in the 90's Putting a Preatty face on the Democractic party during all the Clinton stuff. When he runs in 2004. He would most likely win in the same manner a sertain Austrian Born Action Star won the Gubernatorial (Sp?) race in California, that is most undecideds would vote for the man simply because he was the Sundance Kid. Just imagine the first presidential debates, Bush stubbling and lost pouty. Redford in all his glory.

The difference is that Robert Redford is ideologically a far left extremist, who would have virtually no chance of winning a national election.

American_Samurai said:
I've never heard Robert Redford called an extremest before.

American_Samurai, anyone who disagrees with one's opinions is an extremist. Also, a terrorist.

That aside, there was once a time when someone as "extreme" as Ronald Reagan didn't stand a chance of being elected. Times change, and with a good POV I can easily see Redford winning office.

Diamond

Banned
Then the only answer would be for the Republicans to nominate Charlton Heston. Maybe we'd get lucky and they'd cancel each other out.
:D