RED ALERT! RED ALERT!

Ah! Thankee!

I think I worked it out myself once, but then forgot immediately afterwards :D

Tanya's quotes get more irritating with each game in the series :rolleyes: Also, the original Yuri clones' breathy voices were much more sinister than the ones from the Yuri's Revenge expansion pack.

I thought the RA version was pretty annoying, actually.
"Ka-ching!"
"Locked and loaded!"
"Ahaaahaaahaaahaaa!!!"
"One shot!"
... one of the above repeated every time you selected her (and, since these were missions where you had her, a medic and an arty, there was a fair bit of switching), could get pretty irritating.

Yuri, though:
"Your command is my wish..."
:D

And how could I forget his sinister, inter-mission presence?
"Is it done, Yuri?"
[Udo Kier turns round, looking very menacing, as he tends to] "No, Comrade Premier - it has just begun..."

Last edited:
We were playing with a Van de Graaf generator in physics today, and I couldn't resist reciting the Tesla Trooper quotes!

"Charging up!"

"Electrocoils in the ready!"

Thande

Donor
"Ka-ching!"
"Locked and loaded!"
"Ahaaahaaahaaahaaa!!!"
"One shot!"
... one of the above repeated every time you selected her (and, since these were missions where you had her, a medic and an arty, there was a fair bit of switching), could get pretty irritating.
In RA1 Tanya used to shout randomly during the skirmish missions...but the RA2 version is even more annoying, and the YR version even more than that.

We were playing with a Van de Graaf generator in physics today, and I couldn't resist reciting the Tesla Trooper quotes!

"Charging up!"

"Electrocoils in the ready!"

The Shock Trooper from the Aftermath expansion pack for RA1 (the prototype for the Tesla Trooper) was even better in some ways.

"Got juice?"

"Fully charged!"

"Let's dance!"

"Lights out!"

"Extra crispy!"

"Yeeeeeaaaassss!!"

When I was playing as Iraq for the first time, and had just built my first Desolator, I put him right with my army of Conscripts. I saw that I could "deploy" him, so I clicked it, saying, "I wonder what this does?"

The rest is obvious.

Doh...
y'see, this is why I read the manual first. Sad, I know, but it helps me avoid that kind of mistake...

"Ka-ching!"
"Locked and loaded!"
"Ahaaahaaahaaahaaa!!!"
"One shot!"

Don't forget, "Shake it Baby!!!"

I wish they would bring back Kari Wurther to play her.
http://www.kariwuhrer.net/film2008.html

In a Star Wars fanboy type bit of desperate revisionism, I seem to remember EA explained the forever young Tanya and forever same age Einstein by saying that their ageing was slowed due to their longterm use of the chronosphere.

Interesting, I read somewere (Planet C&C I think) that 'Agent Tanya' is a psyedonym for the top female allied agent, regardless of her real name. When the current 'Agent Tanya' retires, another is chosen to replace her. That explains why there have been three different Tanyas; they were not the same person.

Interesting, I read somewere (Planet C&C I think) that 'Agent Tanya' is a psyedonym for the top female allied agent, regardless of her real name. When the current 'Agent Tanya' retires, another is chosen to replace her. That explains why there have been three different Tanyas; they were not the same person.
Well, she are a 'professional volunteer' in RA1, which I interpreted as meaning 'mercenary', but it could mean 'elite American agent fighting for us, on a voluntary basis (because the USA haven't joined the War yet)'.

Comrade General, welcome to the future of Soviet Union! I wanted to introduce you to my little friend. This is Sam, like Uncle Sam! Say hello, little uncle. The Americans, they had turtle in children’s film; teaches them to fear Soviet Union. The little turtle sees BIG RUSSIAN MISSILES, and he ducks! And he covers…duck, cover, Hahaha! Today we will make history, Comrade General! Together we will destroy the United States; their cities, their homes, their dreams, and perhaps more!

-Premier Romanov, subtly proving that Duck and Cover exists in the Red Alert universe, RA2, Soviet mission 1

And in short order, we will all, young and old, pledge allegiance to our new leader, Premier Romanov of the USSR.

-President Dugan giving the best State of the Union address ever, RA2, Allied Mission 3

Comrade, it appears we overestimated the cowardice of our European neighbors.

-Premier Romanov, RA2, Soviet Mission 5

Thanks to the time travelers, the traitor Yuri has been defeated…Soviet troops paraded down Wall Street today, as the stock market closed forever…new era of space exploration under Premier Romanov and his bold new program…who knows what the future may hold, as Communism leaves the boundaries of our planet and spreads across the solar system.

-Various newscasters, echoing the thoughts that pass through Jerry Falwell’s mind before he wakes up screaming, RA2: YR, Soviet Mission 7

Man, I can’t believe I still remember all of these quotes. I am such a dork.

Sachyriel

Banned
Please, don't rip on the Prism Tech.

I once read an AH story on FF.net, in which the Allies (states, actually) developed a wall/prism building. It needed alot of power, yeah, but, c'mon, instead of 'Power-Plant-Prism-Tower trains, it could be 'Great Prism Wall of America' + power plants!

I always liked the soviet ending in red alert 2, cause you are the ruler of the world, I got mad when Romanov was still the leader at the end of yuri's revenge, that guy isn't fit to be mayor of a city much less leader of russia

I always liked the soviet ending in red alert 2, cause you are the ruler of the world, I got mad when Romanov was still the leader at the end of yuri's revenge, that guy isn't fit to be mayor of a city much less leader of russia

Well for his defense he did brought back Russia from getting its teeth broken at the end of WWII and made it competitive and have a wide load of allies in 20 years or so he can't be that bad.

Well considering that WWII took place during the late 40's and 50's I guess the American did duck and cover cause the USSR manage to have Trans-continental missiles

Look, there was obviously a "who can sound the most Russian" contest to determine the leadership, which he won by a mile. Who are we to argue?

Romanov was pretty funny... but Gen. Vladimir should have become leader! He was so much better than Romanov!

Also, frankly, given what goes on after the end of the Allied campaign, and given that in the Soviet campaign you shut down the whole mind-control program with nukes, I can't help but think that the Soviet ending is actually a little bit better on the whole Earth-not-being-slagged six months later front.

I tried to instal RA2 on my current computer today... and got the unfortunate news that it no longer works. :(

Aparently, it doesn't work with Windows XP! :(

Oh well, RA3 is coming along now! :D

RA2 works on XP. It can be a hassle that's all.Try restarting in safe mode, then restarting back to windows, solved it somehow for me.

Thande

Donor
Look, there was obviously a "who can sound the most Russian" contest to determine the leadership, which he won by a mile. Who are we to argue?

By that argument, my old Quantitative Biology lecturer should have defeated Medvedev in the recent election ;)

I tried to instal RA2 on my current computer today... and got the unfortunate news that it no longer works. :(

Aparently, it doesn't work with Windows XP! :(

Oh well, RA3 is coming along now! :D
Have you tried running it in Windows 98 mode? Or what Michael said.

RA2 works fine for me in Vista.