Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your capitalist lies will be your doom!

Considering Russia has a huge chunk of the Northern Arctic as well as the Magnetic Northpole gradually moving towards Russia (it's in the middle of the North Pole right now in International Waters, though Russia claims the area it's in IIRC).

Oh my, that is not pleasant to look at... :(

I mean, no offence, and the scenario is pretty damn good, but the red filter makes it really difficult to look at the map without my eyes burning.
Yeah, I know, I just liked going with a more joke-y approach at the end. I suppose I could turn the sea and all back to the normal blue. But the countries' colours serve a purpose; red-ish is communist, white-ish (Turkey, for example) is your average capitalist authoritarian-ish nation, not really that bad, and black-ish is a brutal and oppressive dictatorship.

Boo:

bFTLfkS.png

Dorozhand

Banned
Well, time is generally held to be a linear progression that's the same for everyone everywhere (well, put simply - obviously if you're travelling at relativistic speeds it's different). So once you've changed one thing at one point in time, it makes no sense for other things to stay exactly the same until a different point in time. It's perfectly alright to have a first major change in some other area in the world, but that doesn't make it a second PoD - just the first divergence in that particular area.

I would disagree on two types of related instances, or a scale between them. Namely, the balance between the geographical and temporal nearness of the PoDs. If two PoDs occur almost simultaneously, or if two PoDs occur far away from one another (in relative terms, pre-modern timelines make more sense in this regard).

The map I posted a while ago had two PoDs. One in China in the fourth century CE that resulted in vanishingly little difference in that region and almost none spreading outwards, except in the Americas. And another in Europe in 460 CE, which causes through butterflies most of the effects in Eurasia.

To put it another way, another, entirely separate PoD can occur in a vacuum from another PoD if the ripple of causal change spreading outwards from the one has not yet reached the environs and circumstances of the other.

Dorozhand

Banned
GIF of an alternate Spanish Civil War. The Republic is better prepared at the beginning of the conflict, has more warning, and reacts more quickly. This results in the Republic holding Extremadura and preventing the nationalists in Andalucia from linking with those in the north. The Republic then sets up a wide defensive front in Extremadura and around Madrid, while focusing the war effort on Catalonia and the Basque country. The nationalists launch several mechanized offensives which temporarily catch the Republic off balance, but the Republic is on much less precarious footing and is able to react effectively with counteroffensives. The republic also receives Soviet military instructors and begins to appreciate the value of deep operations in the new age of war.

via Imgflip GIF Maker

Resident Indonesian Encyclopaedia strikes again.

Glad to help. Now I shall gift you this

PKI got 16% voters in 1955 Election

The biggest parties are PNI, PKI, NU and Masjumi

Here is the breakdown of 1955 election

In Java there are only seven parties that are major enough to be mentioned

IPKI (Ikatan Pendukung Kemerdekaan Indonesia)
Masjumi
NU (Nahdatul Ulama)
PNI (Partai Nasional Indonesia)
PKI (Partai Kommunis Indonesia)
PSI (Partai Sosialis Indonesia)
PSII (Partai Sarekat Islam Indonesia)

East Java
Masjumi 11%
NU 35%
PKI 24%
PNI 23%
17 Others 7%

Central java and Yogyakarta
Masjumi 10%
NU 20%
PKI 26%
PNI 34%
22 Other 10%

West Java
IPKI 6%
Masjumi 27%
NU 10%
PKI 11%
PNI 23%
PSII 6%
23 Others 27%

Jakarta
Masjumi 29%
NU 17%
PKI 14%
PNI 22%
PSI 5%
13 Others 13%

There are two more major parties in Sumatra
Parkindo (Partai Kristen Indonesia)
Perti (Persatuan tarbijah Islamijah)

South Sumatra
Masjumi 45%
NU 8%
PKI 12%
PNI 15%
PSII 11%
7 Others 9%

Central Sumatra
Masjumi 53%
NU 5%
Perti 23%
PKI 6%
10 Others 13%

North Sumatra
Masjumi 39%
Parkindo 14%
PNI 16%
PSII 13%
13 Others 18%

Total voters in whole Indonesia except Papua
Masjumi 21%
NU 18%
PNI 16%
PKI 22%
Others 23%

Actually there are still Kalimantan and East Indonesia but I am way too lazy to type the whole thing from Cribb

Oh Japan, poor fuckers really can't catch a break :(
I figure the Chinese in AANW probably hate them moor than OTL's China by a fair bit, and see it as a potential A4 staging ground.

Oh. :eek: Oh, dear.

Did 2 billion screaming Chinamen decide to go on the march, as feared?
That was apparently the dark future option Calbear toyed with. The okay future is probably also mappable, but the good one needs too much outer space.

Status
Not open for further replies.