man in the high castle: your area?

Although I may be mistaken, my impression from back when I read the book was that Britain had been completely obliterated in revenge attacks for the firebombing of German cities, same level as sub-Saharan Africa.

Huh, I must have missed this, it's been awhile.

Is there a direct reference to this?

Faeelin

Banned
Although I may be mistaken, my impression from back when I read the book was that Britain had been completely obliterated in revenge attacks for the firebombing of German cities, same level as sub-Saharan Africa.

Nope; an "Italian" wishes they had done that. Stop making the one book about Nazi occupied America about you guys.

Thande

Donor
Nope; an "Italian" wishes they had done that. Stop making the one book about Nazi occupied America about you guys.

Ah, my mistake then.

Look we all know WW2 was the Blitz, gas masks, rationing and something about Americans and D-Day mentioned as an afterthought at the end, what do you mean Japan and the USSR were in it :p

Probably non-existant. My mom's family lived in my hometown, but were Italian (so IDK if the Nazi's would kill them off), and my dad's family lived in Indiana. I doubt that ITTL my grandfather on my dad's side would go get the masters degree that would lead him to a job in my hometown, so my parents never meet if the are still both born, and I never exist.

My town would probably be left to it's own devices. Other than the 'standard' Nazi oppression, we're not important enough to change. (this is in Europe though, so I don't know if it counts in this scenario.)

the world according to maps (and me :D)

north america: canada is independent, west coast and alaska is japanese, east coast is german, rocky mountains are neutral, mexico is unknown, though i imagine that it is probably fascist at this point,

south america: northern half is german, southern half is japanese,

africa: mostly under italian rule, central africa is german, south africa may be alright...

asia: middle east is german, the rest is part of the greater east asian co-prosperity sphere.

austrailia: most likely japanese,

antarctica: german:p

moon: german colony

mars: future german colony

venus: german colony,

Sydney would be under Japanese occupation and probably not vastly different from the way San Francisco was depicted in the series, though I would expect the reality of Japanese occupation to be worse than depicted, going by the behaviour of Japanese occupation forces in Asia OTL.

I probably wouldn't exist as my father and his family would've been unlikely to move from Italy to Australia in any case. My mother may never have come to Sydney either given that her family came from what was then a mining community and I would expect forced labour to exist in Australia as it did in Japanese-occupied Asia.

Chicxulub

Banned
I currently live in the independent nation of Canada, though I might not have been born considering my father is American, and immigrated to marry my mother.

I would never be born. No, seriously. My family is Jewish, and by the Man in the High Castle POD, all my grandparents were living in the Greater Reich area. Cheery, right?

I'd be living on the edge of the neutral zone, staring into the Japanese Empire every time I looked to the west. So...better off than a lot of others in this thread I guess.

I would never be born. No, seriously. My family is Jewish, and by the Man in the High Castle POD, all my grandparents were living in the Greater Reich area. Cheery, right?

You and me both.

Where I currently dwell, a suburban cluster of South Jersey, would be farmland, untouched by otl's post-war stimulated etc., etc.

I live in Guernsey in the Channel Islands, which was occupied by the Germans in 1940.

Both my parents were born here prior to that.

My dad was sent to Germany as a prisoner of war at the age of thirteen because he stole a rifle.

If Germany had won I imagine he would have been executed, worked to death or forced to join the army (he did have blue eyes so I guess he might have made an acceptable Aryan).

In any case I think it unlikely that mum and dad would have met to produce me.

here is one of the best maps i could find man in the high castle map.PNG

man in the high castle map.PNG

I'd probably be dead assuming that my parents still meet in the late 1980s, considering the fact that I'm autistic (Would the Nazis' infamous Aktion T4 "mercy-killings" program affect someone on the autism spectrum?)