Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

@Augenis
Sorry to bother you too, but I have played SWR Germany recently, when I got enough time, and I wondered about what happened to two personas.
Namely Oswald Spengler and Arthur Moeller van den Bruck.
If Spengler dies as OTL, why there's isn't any mention in KR about him and his death? He died on 08/05/1936. If he doesn't, does he cooperate with DVLP? Cause I see people like Schmitt, Jung, Lensch, Zehrer, Treviranus, Schlange-Schoningen, and so on, but Spengler, who arguably did the most of them for the cause of Conservative Revolution is omitted.
Same question about Arthur Moeller. Does he shoot himself too there? And if he doesn't, why he is omitted? Though, that can be argued that maybe because he never writes his notorious book, and never gains any prominence in the circles I am talking about.

And, sorry again for disturbing, but what Ernst Junger is up to? I saw that you could appoint him Governor of Sudwestafrika, but I suspect that's pretty much placeholder until MAF rework comes in distant future.

That's all, and I wanted to thank you very much for all the efforts you put in German rework. It's truly on whole another level and sets entirely new standards for KR content like China Rework did in it's time.
I only got to play it recently, and this was most amazing experience I had playing HOI4 mod.

Last edited:
@Augenis
Sorry to bother you too, but I have played SWR Germany recently, when I got enough time, and I wondered about what happened to two personas.
Namely Oswald Spengler and Arthur Moeller van den Bruck.
If Spengler dies as OTL, why there's isn't any mention in KR about him and his death? He died on 08/05/1936. If he doesn't, does he cooperate with DVLP? Cause I see people like Schmitt, Jung, Lensch, Zehrer, Treviranus, Schlange-Schoningen, and so on, but Spengler, who arguably did the most of them for the cause of Conservative Revolution is omitted.
Same question about Arthur Moeller. Does he shoot himself too there? And if he doesn't, why he is omitted? Though, that can be argued that maybe because he never writes his notorious book, and never gains any prominence in the circles I am talking about.

And, sorry again for disturbing, but what Ernst Junger is up to? I saw that you could appoint him Governor of Sudwestafrika, but I suspect that's pretty much placeholder until MAF rework comes in distant future.

That's all, and I wanted to thank you very much for all the efforts you put in German rework. It's truly on whole another level and sets entirely new standards for KR content like China Rework did in it's time.
I only got to play it recently, and this was most amazing experience I had playing HOI4 mod.
Spengler dies right in the middle of a barrage of content so his death doesn't get made into an event because there simply isn't room for it. Same reason we removed the Solf death event in February 1936. Spengler and lots of other Conservative Revolution writers do not become as prominent in KRTL because without Germany's fall there isn't a breakthrough of postwar far right anti-modernity driven by the despair of Versailles, hyperinflation, etc. Those that become prominent are those who aren't connected with that root as much. Carl Schmitt's approach was more legalistic through criticism of the Constitution (and, similarly, of the March Reforms in KRTL), Treviranus, Lejeune-Jung and Schlange were politicians and are active as politicians, Zehrer was connected to Schleicher and rises to prominence with Schleicher, and I don't know where you got Lensch from because he is never mentioned. Maybe you mean Winnig, but I honestly would really put him on the edge on the whole Conservative Revolution group, he came from Social Democracy, and in KRTL as he remains in the SPD.

But I do think Spengler publishes at least one volume of Decline of the West and he'd probably be vaguely in the SWR camp. Moeller van der Bruck is a more awkward situation, because unlike, say, Schmitt, his postwar ideology can't really form in the same shape in KRTL (no loss in the Great War, no communism in Russia, etc.) Me and the Russia dev briefly toyed with the idea of him turning to Savinkovism/becoming an ideological inspiration for Savinkov, since some of their ideas are quite similar - both were influenced by Merezhkovsky, for example. But idk about that. If not then he would probably be close to the Tat Circle and so an ideologue for Schleicher's New State (or he could just kill himself anyway lol).

Zehrer was connected to Schleicher and rises to prominence with Schleicher, and I don't know where you got Lensch from because he is never mentioned.
I just checked, and yes, Zehrer is with Schleicher. I mixed him with the rest because like half the people around Schleicher and SWR are the same guys. Same about Lensch. I confused him with someone else with similar surname in Hugenberg chain. Sorry about that.
Winnig is indeed a Social Democrat that aligns with Schleicher and gets expelled from SPD later on.
Thanks for your elaborate answers on Moeller and Spengler.
Junger is TBA until Mittelafrika is sorted out in indeterminate future?

I managed to successfully extract the file folder for The Bonapartist Legacy, however, when I tried to extract the compressed archive folder for the mod, a popup would come up saying "Error 0x80070003: the system cannot find the path specified," and I was wondering if anyone knows how to solve this issue.

late-game-csa-industry-be-like-v0-m26ac6kw9j5a1.jpg

Late game CSA be like

I have a rather specific question to all who are interested in this mod and played Germany.
How much casualties both civilian and military will Germany suffer approximately in Kalterkrieg-like scenario - 3I occupied significant swaths of Western Germany, including Rhineland, before being eventhally driven back, Russia occupied most of the Eastern Europe up to Poland, got driven out after French surrender, signed armistice, and all of this accompanied with Balkan, Italian and Pacific fronts, with war overall lasting for 5-6 years?
Will it be more or less than in OTL WW2?

I have a rather specific question to all who are interested in this mod and played Germany.
How much casualties both civilian and military will Germany suffer approximately in Kalterkrieg-like scenario - 3I occupied significant swaths of Western Germany, including Rhineland, before being eventhally driven back, Russia occupied most of the Eastern Europe up to Poland, got driven out after French surrender, signed armistice, and all of this accompanied with Balkan, Italian and Pacific fronts, with war overall lasting for 5-6 years?
Will it be more or less than in OTL WW2?
Less. Prussia and Silesia don't get occupied by the Soviets and depopulated of Germans. Terror bombing of German cities is on a lower scale than IOTL due to lack of American industry backing it up. Now I'm certain we'd see a WW1 style lack of men in many German cities post war, but not post WW2 levels.

Can I just ask if anyone knows where an older article from the Kaiserreich Wiki about Alfred von Tirpitz and the Osthifeskandal can be found?

I was also curious if anyone has any thoughts on how to write in the Tirpitz Chancellorship after the resignation of Mattias Erzberger as Chancellor following a corruption scandal brought about by his political enemies?

Hello there. And again, a question.
How different actually would be German WW2 uniforms ITTL? Excluding symbolics, insignia, badges and other cosmetic elements. I am talking about actually material side of the aspect. Like clothes, boots, helmets, uniform color and so on.
Would Hugo Boss be making uniforms for German officer corps in KTL for example?
What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
How different actually would be German WW2 uniforms ITTL? Excluding symbolics, insignia, badges and other cosmetic elements. I am talking about actually material side of the aspect. Like clothes, boots, helmets, uniform color and so on.
What are your thoughts?

Hugo Boss would fabricate the uniforms since it was a clothing brand, but they didn't design the uniforms, the German army did.

The rest... I think you need to ask on Reddit ask a dev.

What are your thoughts?

The M35 Stahlhelm and M36 Field uniforms were both the product of Weimar era programs and bar some minor details e.g. the Doppellitze (embroidered white parallel lines on the collar) will remain exclusive to the Prussian Guards are plausible developments of pre-PoD German military "fashion". Wartime unform changes are dependent on how the war is going, if Germany is doing well I doubt they would see the need to economise as ruthlessly as they did with the 1944 Field Blouse.

The M35 Stahlhelm and M36 Field uniforms were both the product of Weimar era programs and bar some minor details e.g. the Doppellitze (embroidered white parallel lines on the collar) will remain exclusive to the Prussian Guards are plausible developments of pre-PoD German military "fashion". Wartime unform changes are dependent on how the war is going, if Germany is doing well I doubt they would see the need to economise as ruthlessly as they did with the 1944 Field Blouse.

Something I noticed is that the German uniforms of KR are not field grey, but green.