For All Mankind (AH Tv series at Apple TV)

Looks like Poland and East Germany split from the Soviet sphere. Also Turkey doesn't control Istanbul? Or maybe just a colouring error. you can also make out the western border of Kazakhstan
1161-5cd90f9d-4c7d-40a8-90bf-ab4adec16976.png

Looks like Poland and East Germany split from the Soviet sphere. Also Turkey doesn't control Istanbul? Or maybe just a colouring error. you can also make out the western border of Kazakhstan
The map shows communist countries that are allies to the USSR but have a common space program, short of like a space Warsaw Pact or its Western Counterpart the ESA not a separate political alliance. The full name of the organisation is Coalition of Communist Countries for Spaceflight (CCCS).

Kazakhstan and Soviet Istanbul are almost certainly colouring errors.

I was surprised that Wilson won reelection, then again, it seems like judging from the prevalence of southern Democrats in the last season and the GOP's stance on clean (namely nuclear) energy, the GOP is the more suburban "elitist" party while the Democrats are still the blue-collar populist party. My prediction for her successor was partially correct, I was guessing Clinton but Gore is pretty close. With that said about the party's bases seeming to resemble the pre-Gingrich days, the electoral map seemed a bit inaccurate to reflect it, so I made a revised one if anyone is interested (feedback is appreciated!)

1699739062699.png

Al Gore (D-TN) / Evan Bayh (D-IN) - 273 EV
George Bush (R-TX) / Thomas Kean (R-NJ) - 265 EV

I think states like Arkansas, Tennessee, West Virginia, would still be winnable states for the Democrats (WV especially considering it voted for Dukakis in 88 and Carter in 80, it had a massive switch from 2000 onwards OTL), while states like New Jersey or Connecticut would still be swing states (New Jersey IOTL was one of the closest states in 1992, Clinton won it by just 2 points)

Last edited:
Well, looks like Trump got his border wall and the Mexicans paid for it.

Yes, there was the Interkosmos group in the late 1970s and 80s which had guest cosmonauts from the Warsaw Pact countries and also Vietnam, Cuba, Mongolia, Syria, and even Afghanistan. They would go up to the Salyut 6 and 7 and Mir space stations for a few days at a time and conduct scientific activities for their home countries.

I do not like that American commander of the Happy Valley colony is sacked and replaced with Danielle. AFAICT Kuznetsov's death was NOT his fault. Kuznetsov disobbeyed a direct order to stay in the ship and Baldwin allowed his Soviet friend (and a Helios astronaut) to go. It is Baldwin who should be sacked.
But I guess it is both politics and plot armour: the Soviets can not blame their national hero (politcs) and Ed is needed on Mars to at least the end of Season 4 (plot armour). Somebody had to pay.

* Season 5 will be probably the Star Child (Baldwin's grandson) flying to Europa to leave ashes of his grandpa there. But the Black Monolith on Europa revives Ed Baldwin.... :openedeyewink:

Interkosmos was a Soviet program for operations where Soviet aligned countries would get people and stuff sent into space on Soviet rockets launched from the Soviet Union. The Coalition for Communist Countries for Spaceflight is probably a more independent organization. They'd use Rockets that use a lot of Soviet technology, but the operations would be handled by these nations. They'd pool their money and agree on goals with Mexican and GDR factories producing machinery, Yugoslavians and Hungarians programming the computers which are shipped off to Venezuala for final assembly and Launch.

Zor

Last edited:
Interkosmos was a Soviet program for operations where Soviet aligned countries would get people and stuff sent into space on Soviet rockets launched from the Soviet Union. The Coalition for Communist Countries for Spaceflight is probably a more independent organization. They'd use Rockets that use a lot of Soviet technology, but the operations would be handled by these nations. They'd pool their money and agree on goals with Mexican and GDR factories producing machinery, Yugoslavians and Hungarians programming the computers which are shipped off to Venezuala for final assembly and Launch.

Zor

Amazing indeed yet i wonder if Middle East had their own Space Program since they have rich Middle Eastern nations to pulled this up.