Flag Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a thought: The shield in the middle of the first (the rest is self explanoratory) bear the ancestral arms of wellington, he would have defaced the flag and arms in a manner reminescent of Cromwell. On the second, the amrs have been simplified to give that good ol' totalitarian look.

Those are awesome! I'll probably use the first one at first, and then they change it to the second. :D

I found this:
gb-cr-gu.gif

That's a Cromwellian Era anti-Charles infantry standard. Could you do something very reminiscent, but not identical, of that in alternating designs for the English, Scottish, and Welsh army flags? It's very reminiscent of the Flash-and-Circle from good ol' Oswald. I'd like to devolve the army symbol into the Flash-and-Circle by some point when they reunite it into one flag for all three armies. :D

Flag of the Kingdom of Malta, in which Grand Master Manuel Pinto turned his office from elective to hereditary. The Order of Malta is represented by the St. George's Cross, while the five red moons make up the coat of arms of the ancient Pinto Family.

Now THERE's a thought :D

Well, the arts would certainly flourish more than historically, and perhaps the order wouldn't look to Russia as much. Though when/if the revolution comes, the knights will be all French and all very lazy :)

Request: Chancellor Wellington's proto-Fascist United Republic of England, Scotland, and Wales. :D It needs to have something on it that eventually devolves into a Fascist flash-and-circle or, if your creative, a new Wellingtonian symbol that will become synonymous with fascism even long after his death.

How about a stylised L - sort of bootlike ;) and standing for liberty?
White on white bordered red circle over the Union Flag.

I'd draw it myself but having imaging problems.

If you're creative, a new Wellingtonian symbol that will become synonymous with fascism even long after his death.

"But always — do not forget this, Winston — always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a Wellington boot stamping on a human face — forever."

:rolleyes:

Reichsadler

Banned
What if the EU was taken over by Germany?

j0l44m.png

The Napoleonic-esque standard of Angela Merkel as Präsident und Kanzlerin von der Union.

346vr53.png

Coming soon.

What if the EU was taken over by Germany?

The Napoleonic-esque standard of Angela Merkel as Präsident und Kanzlerin von der Union.

Coming soon.

Shh! Don't disclose our secret plans!

Eheheh. Don't be afraid, Kameraden, of course ve von't be using black and red on the European flag. Ve have learned since last putting on the Reich.

CHALLENGE

An American Flag from a TL in which the American Colonies gained independence through peaceful/diplomatic means.

France wins big in the Seven Years War. The American Colonies are annexed. France lapses into revolution and civil war in the late 18th Century. The antimonarchist forces receive the support of Les Americains through the promise of autonomy upon victory. Full independence of the twelve colonies (France having combined Connecticut and Rhode Island in 1764) is negotiated peacefully in 1807, after the final obstacle to independence is removed when the American provinces agree to abolish slavery. The new nation of America consists of OTL United States territory east of the Appalachians, less the western third of Georgia, northern Maine, those portions of New York and Pennsylvania bordering the Great Lakes and the St. Lawrence River, and some minor differences in favor of France in western Virginia and North Carolina.

First raised officially as the flag of America at the swearing in of Thomas Jefferson as the new nation's first Director in the Capitol District (located in the area of OTL Potomac, Maryland and Great Falls, Virginia), the flag retains the white liberty cap on red symbolism of the French Republic, and employs twelve stripes using the blue and yellow colors common in American colonial flags under the French to represent the twelve provinces of the new nation.

America.png

How about a stylised L - sort of bootlike ;) and standing for liberty?
White on white bordered red circle over the Union Flag.

I'd draw it myself but having imaging problems.

I think I'll use the flags Marc made for the this, but I'd like to see this. There has to be other factions and parties, after all. :)

"But always — do not forget this, Winston — always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a Wellington boot stamping on a human face — forever."

:rolleyes:

That is awesome. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.