Flag Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i can give an advice : stop using paint or paint.net for making flags.
The ones you make are too pixellised, not enough cleaned of color remains, and the difference of quality between pictures you copy/paste is not really good.

You should use inkscape or gimp.

uhhh i am dogged by bad luck..
I thought about a new flag for my Greater Austria. And i had a idea, a idea i though would have been good.
My would have been that the yellow stands for the Habsburgs, aswell as for the Golden Future for the Empire. The white stands for Peace and Unity between the different ethnics. And the blue stands for the Danube, which connects the empire. And i really liked the flag because it had such a special feeling and the colours made sense.

And now which flag already has those colours ? The Prinsenslvag. Only difference is the that the Prinsenslvag is orange, and my blue is slightly brighter. But other than that, it resembles the Prinsenslvag too much i guess ? So i think it maybe wouldnt be able to use it. Or what do you think ?
Here is my flag

And here the Prinsenslvag
640px-Prinsenvlag.svg.png

Anyway you should revert the gold and the white in your austrian flag. Orange and white make a good contrast, but not these two colors.

I thought about a new flag for my Greater Austria. And i had a idea, a idea i though would have been good.
My would have been that the yellow stands for the Habsburgs, aswell as for the Golden Future for the Empire. The white stands for Peace and Unity between the different ethnics. And the blue stands for the Danube, which connects the empire. And i really liked the flag because it had such a special feeling and the colours made sense.

Maybe you could flip it, so that the blue is on top?

And now which flag already has those colours ? The Prinsenslvag. Only difference is the that the Prinsenslvag is orange, and my blue is slightly brighter. But other than that, it resembles the Prinsenslvag too much i guess ? So i think it maybe wouldnt be able to use it. Or what do you think ?
Here is my flag

A little Austrian flavour would be putting the coat of arms. Either this one:

sgfaustrianled.png

Or this one, with the eagle but a simpler version of the CoA:

sgf2s.png

WTF is the first one supposed to be? Why does it contain quarters for Bavaria AND THE DUCHY OF TECK (a cadet branch of Württemberg)?!

I imagined the Southern German Confederation. White and blue for Bavaria, golden for Austrian.

The coat of arms is the traditional CoA of the Habsburgs in Austria, without Bohemia and Bar (present in the flag of the Habsburg duchy of Tuscany), plus the new "members" of the Confederacy / Austrian Empire: The Duchy of Baden (the red fess is not present, being it a duchy and not a kingdom) and the Kingdoms of Wurtemberg (however, I didn't realise I was using the red-arm lions for Schwaben), which used the three black lions of Schwaben as well, and Bavaria.

It wasn't that hard to see the kingdom of Wurtemberg there, especially being there the Bavarian blue, in the flag.

WARNING! Following post contains Pony!

Here's a speculative pennant design for the land of Equestria from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Sun and crescent moon motifs represent the kingdom's ruling immortal god-diarchs and their respective heavenly bodies.

Equestria Pennant 2.png

i like the idea, but the dragon seems kinda out of place. makes it a bit too busy

The Vietnamese want their Dragon on there though.

Removing the elephant would enhance the flag greatly. The elephant looks out of place and like clip art.

Everyone else wants an elephant on their though.

Unless you folks know of a pan-Indochina+Thailand+Burma symbol.:eek:

Also, darn Thande, your posting your flag update made me think to post mine here but you beat me here. Oh well, here's mine too. Not as good, of course. (Verticle tricolours because horizontal ones have become tainted by republicanism.)

flags.png

Bit weird that the Stuarts would use a flag almost exactly like Cromwell's...
Not my fault he made the Irish bit seem rather dominant. I wanted something with the Irish clearer, and could think of another way to stick the harp on, and the symbol OTL used vanishes too easily. Of course the more recent Second Republic's flag has been getting retroactively used to represent Cromwell "accidentally" in a lot of textbooks.

The Vietnamese want their Dragon on there though.

Everyone else wants an elephant on their though.

Unless you folks know of a pan-Indochina+Thailand+Burma symbol.:eek:

Also, darn Thande, your posting your flag update made me think to post mine here but you beat me here. Oh well, here's mine too. Not as good, of course. (Verticle tricolours because horizontal ones have become tainted by republicanism.)
perhaps the flag could just be redesigned so that each animal takes up half the flag? instead of having a larger dragon dominating it, scale the two to roughly equal size, place them at opposite ends, and mirror one so that they face each other

Status
Not open for further replies.