Blackadder Goes Forth To 1918 !!!!

Blackadder Goes Forth

This series is set in 1917, on the Western Front in the trenches of the First World War. Another "big push" is planned, and Captain Blackadder's one goal is to avoid getting shot, so he plots ways to get out of it. Blackadder is joined by the idealistic Edwardian twit Lieutenant George (Hugh Laurie), and the world's worst cook, Private S. Baldrick. The first initial "S" is taken from the first episode of Season 3, in which Baldrick says he can't remember his first name, but assumes it must be "Sodoff", as when he introduces himself to people, they generally say, 'yes, we know: Sod off, Baldrick'. Loony General Melchett rallies his troops from a French mansion thirty-five miles from the front, where he is aided and abetted by his assistant, Captain Darling (Tim McInnerny), pencil-pusher supreme and Blackadder's nemesis,

The final episode of this series, the aforementioned "Goodbyeee...", is known for being extraordinarily poignant for a comedy — especially the final scene, which sees the main characters (Blackadder, Baldrick, George, and Darling) finally venturing forward and charging off to die in the fog and smoke of no man's land.

BUT WI......:cool:

Richard Curtis and Ben Elton along with Rowan Atkinson decided to break with tradition and create a second season for this Blackadder outing and take it to the end of WW1 ?

Here are a few of my episode ideas....

MARSHALL FAUX The events of Goodbyeee are revealed to be the delirium brought on from Capt. Blackadder, Lt. George, and Baldrick suffering from food poisoning brought on by Baldricks latest culinary attempt of London Broil ala Greyhound....

The lads are then sent off to safeguard a French Wine Cellar in a town populated by Frenchmen that succeed in driving Capt. Blackadder quite mad :p

SGT MAJOR Capt Blackadder twists Capt Darlings arm (literally) to assign him George, and Baldrick to a recently arrived AEF Unit to teach the Yanks trench fighting tactics and avoid combat in the front lines. Unfortunately they find thenselves paired with a gung ho American Sgt (Shane Rimmer) who wants to show these Limeys the true American Fighting Spirit by attacking a German Stronghold....:eek:

FLYING CIRCUS Blackadder & Co. are reunited with the indescribable Sex Mad Lord Flasheart when they are re-reassigned to the Royal Flying Corps to take out a German Zeppelin Base....

LT. COMMANDER In yet another attempt to avoid frontline Combat in the German Offensive of 1918, Blackadder connives a transfer to the Royal Navy thaks to George's Uncle in the War Ministry ....

They begin their sea duty with a lark but find out George bears a resemblence to a German U-Boat Commander and they are sent to take out a German Naval base with the predictable results....

OH...JOY November 1918 ....The War is nearly over and Capt. Blackadder is in a deep romance with a American Nurse who he gets in a family way and must marry and move with her to the USA...or face the wrath of her ill tempered Father who is on Pershings Staff...George volunteers for a special unit in order to gain a promotion and finds out they're being shipped to Archangel, Russia and then remembers he suffers from terrible colds and frostbite...Baldrick is reassigned as a dogsbody to a British Military Brasshat assigned to oversee the final draft of the Peace Agreement...

The episode closes with Blackadder and his blushing American Bride Katie leaving for the States and Edmund saying "Well things could'nt be as bad they say they are in Washington DC ...who knows what effect I can have there" and Baldrick losing the original copy of the 14 Points and rewriting from his persepctive as the closing music rises....

So put your underwear upon your head, place two pencils up your nostrils and put forth your best ideas for some BLACKADDER GOES FORTH Episode ideas....

wibble....wibble....:D

Hmmm wonderful ideas, and all. But I still think the series would not have the emotional punch it does without Blackadder, the cad, and nordowell that he is, standing up and charging forward with his men.

We dont actually know if Blackadder or the other chaps died. It's heavily implied by the field of red poppys scene but we never actually see them die.

According to Tony Robinson (Baldrick) there reportedly are plans to do a 5th Blackadder series with Blackadder & Co. in a WW2 German POW Facility ala Colditz....:)

Since Hugh Laurie is busy doing HOUSE it remains to be seen if they can reassemble the original cast....

Here's another BGF Idea....

CAMP PAIN The ever mad General Melchett (Stephen Fry) assigns our lads including Capt Darling to a newly formed British Tank Unit where their attempts at Armoured Warfare bring the predictable results....:rolleyes:

...Here's another BGF Idea....

CAMP PAIN The ever mad General Melchett (Stephen Fry) assigns our lads including Capt Darling to a newly formed British Tank Unit where their attempts at Armoured Warfare bring the predictable results....:rolleyes:

I would call it "Tanks, but no Tanks" ;)

Well, WI they also incorporated episodes involving ANZAC and Canadian soldiers- perhaps the former played by the likes of Aussie comedians such as Eric Bana and Ben Mendleson- who cause a lot of trouble by being 'upstart colonials' during the 1918 Amiens offensive and bragging bout how they're so much better than the poms at kickin German butt ?

Well, WI they also incorporated episodes involving ANZAC and Canadian soldiers- perhaps the former played by the likes of Aussie comedians such as Eric Bana and Ben Mendleson- who cause a lot of trouble by being 'upstart colonials' during the 1918 Amiens offensive and bragging bout how they're so much better than the poms at kickin German butt ?

Thats a great idea and if Atkinson's fellow NOT THE NINE O'CLOCK NEWS cast mate Pamela Stephenson did'nt retire and beome a psychologist, she'd play a Kiwi Nurse since she's a Native NZ (Not an Aussie)....

How about BA & Co sent to oversee a Black & Tan Unit in the Irish Conflict ?

Also what other Historical Periods would make great Blackadder Series ideas ?:confused:

Here are my ideas....

One set in the Cold War 50's with Blackadder, George, and Baldrick :eek: as MI.6 Ops going toe to toe with Russian Spies and Melchett and Darling as their superiors !

One set in the Reign of Queen Victoria with BA, George, and Baldrick as Palace aides :p

One set during the Revolutionary War with BA and co portraying British Soldiers in charge of a Hessian Unit dealing with a funloving troublemaker named George Washington...Special Guest Star Rik Mayall as General Cornwallis !

Or.....

One with BA & Co as a RAF Group stationed in North Africa during WW2 ?:D

wibble....a wandering minstrel I ...wibble wibble....:)

Blackadder, Untouchable: A follow up to Oh...Joy, Blackadder goes to work in the FBI, a job his father-in-law gets him, and he ends up getting assigned to Ness' Untouchables. Somehow, he finds out that Al Capone really died early on, and his associate, Baldrick has been forced to play Capone by both the Mob, and the the Untouchables.

I always thought that the next Blackadder would feature a 60/70s rock group - the drummer would be Bald Rick.

The Victorian Blackadder was done as part of the Millennium celebrations in "A Christmas Carol" format.

Sargon

Donor
Monthly Donor
I always thought that the next Blackadder would feature a 60/70s rock group - the drummer would be Bald Rick.

The Victorian Blackadder was done as part of the Millennium celebrations in "A Christmas Carol" format.

The Victorian Blackadder was done well before that as a separate Christmas TV special called Blackadder's Christmas Carol made in 1988. The one made especially for the Millennium was Blackadder Back and Forth.

"Baldrick, I want you to go out and buy a turkey so large you'd think it's mother had been rogered by an omnibus."

"Oh, dear. Ill-conceived love, I should warn you, is like a Christmas cracker: one massively disappointing bang, and the novelty soon wears off."

Wibble.

Sargon

A Timeline of mine: The Roman Emperor Who Lost His Nose

Blackadder, Untouchable: A follow up to Oh...Joy, Blackadder goes to work in the FBI, a job his father-in-law gets him, and he ends up getting assigned to Ness' Untouchables. Somehow, he finds out that Al Capone really died early on, and his associate, Baldrick has been forced to play Capone by both the Mob, and the the Untouchables.

ROARING BLACKADDER

Or better yet...Blackadder is now a Wealthy Roaring 20's Businessman ala Jay Gatsby set up in Business Advisory Capacity in NYC of the 1920's and George and Baldrick his associates and Baldrick advises President Coolidge to ignore the signs of possible economic trouble, allow Herbert Hoover to run in 1928 and let things run their course....:rolleyes:

You could have BA get into run ins with Bootleggers, Chicago Gangsters (Special Guest Bob Hoskins as Al Capone), Charles Lindbergh, and even his hated nemesis Charlie Chaplain when he tries his hand at making silent movies....

For the opening and closing theme sequences, you can a have a Roaring 20's rendition of the Blackadder Theme with the cast members appearing sans dialouge !:cool: ;)

Interesting thread... it's been quite a while since I last saw Blackadder so I guess I had better correct that soon:D

Here another episode suggestion for BGF - 1918

THE BELLES OF HELL - A Special flashback episode which shows how Capt. Blackadder, Lt. George, and Baldrick met up right before Xmas 1914 and their antics during the Xmas Truce and the Football Match in which BA gets indignant over being called offsides....

We later see how the peace was shattered by BA's Auntie Lady Whiteadder (Who's forebearer we met in BLACKADDER II'S episode BEER and how her Women's Christian Temperance Union breaks up the British & Boche revel with her insulting behaviour and rude comments about the Kaiser ! :eek: :D