"Hi Commish. What's up?"

wayne-gretzky-net-worth-6423f7066daf736120417-900.webp

Wayne Gretzky
    (Commissioner; National Hockey League)

"Ms. Disney, please have a seat. This is serious."

Disney
    "What's going on?"

Gretzky
    "This harrassment campaign by Mr. Christian Chandler [1] raises serious concerns for your safety when you attend Mighty Ducks road games. We all know you like to sit in the front row next to your team's bench. But for the rest of your team's road schedule, I feel it will be safer if you use luxury suites like other owners. Are we on the same page?"

Disney
    "Yes, sir. I understand."

Notes
    [1] Yes, it's THAT Chris Chan, aka the OTL "creator" of Sonichu.​

Last edited:
    Entertainment News for Late October 2009 Part 2
  • Entertainment News for Late October 2009 Part 2

Statement from NHL Commissioner Wayne Gretzky on Chris Chan's Love Quest for Tiffany Disney

"Beginning on November 1, Ms. Disney and Ms. Chung will use luxury boxes for the remainder of Mighty Ducks' 2009-10 road schedule instead of their usual routine of sitting in the front row next to the San Diego bench. Ms. Disney fully understands the concerns I expressed to her in light of a one-man harassment campaign led by the aspiring internet celebrity Christian W. Chandler, known professionally as Chris Chan."
    - ESPN

While filming a commercial to promote the YMCA's Adventure Guide programs [1] across America, former child star Johanna Thomas was asked about Man of the House co-star Farrah Fawcett, who passed away earlier this summer. Johanna told us "Farrah was a delight to work with. Her legacy will endure and I will miss her greatly."
    - Inside Edition.

The Seminole Tribe of Florida says that Busch Gardens Tampa will explore a rebrand of the park with Jungle Bay the leading candidate among dozens of other possible names. A name change could take effect as early as 2012.
    - The Tampa Bay Times

[1] Formerly the Indian Guides, as seen in Man of the House. The current Adventure Guide moniker was adopted around 2004 IOTL.

Late Summer/Fall 2009 Movies
  • Late Summer/Fall 2009 Movies

OIP.D_0TVEkUn4nI71_jrQ1VOgHaEK

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
    Released by Walt Disney Pictures
    Produced by Blue Sky Studios

ITTL, the logo at the beginning consists of a volcano designed to mimic the Disney castle with a few bursts of lava serving as the fireworks.

OIP.y7qedauZoVO4Um-sD87X9AHaE6

Bruno
    Released by Universal Pictures

EB20090629REVIEWS906299997AR.jpg

Public Enemies
    Released by RKO Radio Pictures

ITTL, Public Enemies begins with the classic 1930's RKO logo.

axCh3DpOgISsPoMxKslQW9l4PO3.jpg

I Love You, Beth Cooper
    Released by 20th Century-Fox

R.264eca76a7e2eb7b446ee51db28df8af

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    Released by Universal Pictures

500-days-summer-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

500 Days of Summer
    Released by Hyperion Pictures

l_ccb97791-51b6-40e5-bb83-86a06606a7d5.jpg

G-Force
    Released by Touchstone Pictures under the Nickelodeon Movies banner

R.e94b193981872ddd6c87dd5a610c5814

Orphan
    Released by Carolco through Warner Bros.

R.2fe7af03ca15767fa9843c1fac581a1b

Funny People
    Released by Universal Pictures​

Entertainment News for Late October/Early November 2009
  • Entertainment News for Late October and Early November 2009

Johanna Thomas in an interview on SBC's Sunrise: "People who remember me as JTT back in the 90's often ask me if Taylor is still my middle and name and I say yes. Ever since I've received gender affirmation care, my voice has returned somewhat to the pitch that it was around 1994, except with a little more feminine quality."

The Sports Page
    "I think Gretzky overreacted to [Chris Chan] stalking Tiffany by having her sit way up high at road games. I had fans wondering if Tiffany even showed up."
    - Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs in a press conference

Entertainment News for Late October/Early November 2009 Part 2
  • Entertainment News for Late October/Early November 2009 Part 2

Hillsborough County District Attorney: "A warrant has been issued for the arrest of Ronald Dion DeSantis, head of the Tallahassee chapter of the Foundation of Americans for Responsible Television (FART). Earlier this month, the Tampa Bay Lightning alerted local authorities to homophobic and sexually explicit threats that Mr. DeSantis allegedly left on the Lightning's answering machines, targeting Tiffany Disney, who owns the Mighty Duck franchise."
    - WFTS (Tampa SBC affiliate) Local News

Busch Gardens Tampa, under new ownership, will officially rebrand as Hard Rock Jungle Bay in June of 2010. [1]
    - The Tampa Bay Times

[1] To avoid confusion, Universal's Polynesian-themed Volcano Bay will instead be called Lava Lagoon when it opens around 2012 ITTL. Fantastic Realms will open in 2010 ITTL, on the site of the OTL Epic Universe. The "Fantastic" name is to avoid confusion with Disney's Epic Kingdom, which opened in Anaheim on the OTL California Adventure site.

Alice Cooper booed off stage by the ARCO Arena crowd after he bashed our native daughter Johanna Thomas in an anti-trans rant during his set. [2]
    - The Sacramento Bee

[2] IOTL, Jonathan Taylor Weiss was born in Pennsyvlania but was raised in Sacramento. Also IOTL, JTT adopted "Thomas" for his stage name from the middle name of his big brother Joel Thomas Weiss. ITTL, upon completion of her transition, Johanna legally changed her name to Johanna Taylor Thomas in early 2008.

Michael Jackson begins a 2 year residency in Las Vegas after several years out of the spotlight.
    - CNN

Attorneys for Roseanne Barr settle out of court to avoid an April 2010 trial in the defamation lawsuit filed by former teen heartthrob Johanna Thomas.
    - ABC News

The Sports Page
    2009 World Series

Phillies and Devil Rays tied at 3
    - NBC Sports

Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs fined $5,000 by the NHL for comments downplaying the nature of Chris Chan's recent stalking of Mighty Ducks owner Tiffany Disney.
    - ESPN

NBA Opening Week National TV Slate
    Tuesday, October 27 (Both on TNT)

Orlando Magic at Cleveland Cavaliers
    San Diego Clippers at Los Angeles Lakers

Wednesday, October 28 (Both on FX)
    New Jersey Nets at New York Knicks
    Utah Raptors at Denver Nuggets

Thursday, October 29 (Both on TNT)
    Phoenix Suns at Boston Celtics
    Portland Trailblazers at Vancouver Grizzlies

Friday, October 30 (Both on FX)
    New Orleans Jazz at San Antonio Spurs
    Spirts of St. Louis at San Diego Clippers

Notice to Cease and Desist
  • November 1, 2009

Mr. Christian Weston Chandler
    Ruckersville, VA

Dear Mr. Chandler,

We have learned that you have been publishing hand-drawn comics online that infringe on our collective intellectual property rights.

We have discovered that throughout the past few years, you have used your Sonichu comics as a way to express your unhappiness with society, particularly with your numerous failed attempts to fulfill your love ambitions. Additionally, you have attacked and supported false stereotypes of historically marginalized communities via Sonichu, including but not limited to:

African Americans
    Hispanics
    Asians
    The LGBT community
    The Jewish community
    Physically and intellectually disabled people
    Women

The goodwill and wonderful repute of our united characters have been harmed by your content.

Therefore, we demand that you cease all production of Sonichu immediately.

Sincerely,
    The undersigned

Walter E. Disney, Jr.
    Chairman of the Board; Disney Enterprises, Inc.

Geraldine Laybourne
    Chief Executive Officer; TBS+Paramount (parent company of Sega ITTL)

Michael E. Uslan
    Chairman; Columbia-Tristar Industries, Inc.

Brian Goldner
    Chief Executive Officer; Hasbro, Inc.

Reggie Fils-Aime
    President; Nintendo of America

Robert A. Iger
    Chairman of the Board; Bally's Inc. (parent company of Namco)

Last edited:
    This Just In (November 2, 2009)
  • This Just In

November 2, 2009
    Chris Chan Fucks with the Mouse and Finds Out
    "Effective immediately, I am banning Mr. Chandler for life from all Disney theme parks worldwide. His is persistent harrassment of my daughter is extremely disturbing and harmful."
    - Walt Disney, Jr. in a statement

Late Summer/Fall 2009 Movies Part 2
  • Late Summer/Fall 2009 Movies Part 2

R.e0dd904b0b274919991a8d3a82d5dc35

GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Released by TriStar Pictures in association with Hasbro

EB20090812REVIEWS908129989AR.jpg

Ponyo

Released in North America by Touchstone Pictures
    Produced by Ghibli Films
    English Dub produced by Hanna-Barbera

R.f8083e4d700b8609b08bed43a849a72c

Inglourious Basterds
    Released by RKO Radio Pictures

original.jpg

District 9
    Released by Carolco through Warner Bros.

R.6a9f2cc938fcfae705b55b73402ff01e

Final Destination 4
    Released by New Line Cinema

waltelgrupo-768x574.jpg

Walt and El Grupo
    Released by Hyperion Pictures
    Produced by Tiffany Disney and directed by Ted Thomas

R.431be130a1f171f076fe013423dfe10a

Paranormal Activity
    Released by Paramount Pictures

nLAiqhHPZ5zQF5OO7KFcszceenf.jpg

Surrogates
    Released by Touchstone Pictures

R.30faac58c555639d855066cfb4959502

Fame
    A loose remake of the eponymous 1980 film​

Ms. Disney Goes to Washington
  • R.ab1fb40c5a284f60844ef852bc783ca8

November 3, 2009
    The White House

ne-131101-obamajpg-8d23c05632ea3269.jpg

Barack Obama
    (45th President of the United States)

"Ms. Disney, for your involvement with the Mighty Duck organization and USA Hockey at the international level, I have nominated you to be my Ambassador to Canada."

OIP.zAiwr-CNWrSPs5bgDQ7BFwHaFP

Tiffany Disney
    "Mr. President, I accept your nomination."

Obama
    "Homeland Security has been monitoring the whole Chris Chan situation and they've urged me to make this nomination immediately to give you greater protection at every NHL arena courtesy of the Diplomatic Security Service."​

Entertainment News for Early to Mid November 2009
  • Entertainment News for Early to Mid November 2009

At the White House, Mighty Ducks owner Tiffany Disney was officially sworn in as President Obama's Ambassador to Canada.
    - ESPN SportsCenter

Chris Chan apprehended at his Ruckersville, VA home by the FBI.
    - CNN

Peanuts creator Charles Schulz, now 86, undergoes surgery to install a pacemaker. The Peanuts newspaper strip will celebrate its 60th anniversary in 2010.
    - The San Francisco Chronicle

FBI and ATF raid the Tallahassee offices of FART's Florida chapter, bringing Ron DeSantis into custody.
    - The Tampa Bay Times

Following the sale of Busch Gardens Williamsburg to Palace Entertainment, the park will rebrand as The Old Country in 2011.
    - The Virginian-Pilot

Bozo the Clown revival updates
    Five years ago, Arnold Stang retired from acting citing a decline in his health and mobility. Now, 20th Century-Fox has sought new voices for Herman and Katnip as part of the Bozo the Clown revival set to launch in September of next year. John DiMaggio is rumored to become the new Katnip while Herman is likely to be voiced by Maurice LaMarche, Jeff Bergman, Billy West, Eric Bauza or Keith Scott.
    - Access Hollywood

Luxor Animation and Bullwinkle Studios both say June Foray will return as Rocky the Squirrel for the Bozo revival. Tiffany Ward says the Bozo revival shorts will likely be Foray's last project voicing the character due to her age and health issues. Keith Scott will voice Bullwinkle, though he is not related to original Bullwinkle voice actor Bill Scott.
    - WGN News

Steve Melendez, son of Bill Melendez, will supervise production on Peanuts shorts for the Bozo revival
    - Variety

Paramount Animation president Sam Register says that Justin Long, Matthew Gray Gubler and Jesse McCartney, who voiced Alvin and the Chipmunks in the 2007 live action movie, will voice the characters for Bozo revival shorts.
    - The Hollywood Reporter

The Sports Page
    WLAF Orcas Could Leave Vancouver as early as 2011

Owner Arthur Griffiths has notified the World League of American Football that he is placing the Vancouver Orcas for sale. Even after BC Place hosted the 2004 World Bowl, attendance for Orcas games has languished at the bottom of the WLAF, largely due to the Orcas' lack of playoff success. Officials from Omaha and Honolulu have been lobbying to lure the Orcas for the past two years. There is also the possibility of the Orcas merging with the Spokane Steelheads to form a new franchise for Seattle, while opening an expansion slot for another market.
    - The Vancouver Sun

Statement from WLAF Commissioner Oliver Luck
    "While I am personally disappointed that the Orcas appear to be contemplating an exit from Vancouver, the city's seemingly endless entertainment options have proven to be a daunting challenge for the Orcas to economically compete with the Canucks and other sports franchises in that market."

Game 7 of the 2009 World Series
    November 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay Devil Rays at Philadelphia Phillies

Citizens Bank Park; Philadelphia, PA
    TV: NBC
    Announcers: Vin Scully, Matt Vasgersian and Orel Hersheiser

Vin Scully (NBC Sports): "Everyone at Citizens Bank Park is on their feet. Phillies trail by one with two outs in the bottom of the 12th with Victorino on first and Utley at second. The 0-2 pitch to Jimmy Rollins...He drives this fastball high and deep to right field...back goes Upton to the warning track and it is gone! The Phillies have won their first World Series in almost 30 years!"

Matt Vasgersian (NBC Sports): "Santa Maria!!!"

Harry Kalas (Phillies radio): "Jimmy Rollins has secured his place in Philadelphia sports history! The Phillies are World Champions for 2009!"

One Fine Day in Vancouver
  • 4421285743_d4bbffabeb_b.jpg

Lionsgate Place
    Vancouver, British Columbia

November 12, 2009

Hours before the defending Stanley Cup champion Vancouver Canucks take on the Mighty Ducks of San Diego in the second game of an SBC Wednesday Night doubleheader.

Tiffany Disney and Joyce Chung settle into her luxury suite during pregame warmups...

hmGzXeCg_400x400.jpg

Tiffany Disney
    (Owner of the Mighty Ducks of San Diego and US Ambassador to Canada)

"Over the summer, Arthur Griffiths told the Board of Governors that he's thinking about selling the Canucks. Would you be interested in buying the team?"

actor-devon-sawa-568606_large.jpg

Devon Sawa
    (Vancouver native and former teen heartthrob)

"Funny you would ask, because I just joined Ryan Reynolds' bid yesterday. We got Trevor Linden on board, but we're still lining up investors right now. If Ryan or I tried to buy the Canucks on our own, our combined net worth would still be too low."

Tiffany
    "But when you guys do put an ownership group together, I'll put in a good word for you guys at the next owners' meeting."

5-medium-bronde-balayage-shag-with-bangs.jpg

Joyce Chung
    (Wife of Tiffany Disney and Mighty Ducks publicist)

"Tiff, sorry to interrupt, I have Marky Mark on the line..."

Tiffany
    "Hello?"

MV5BMTU0MTQ4OTMyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTQxOTY1NA@@._V1_.jpg

Mark Wahlberg
    (Actor and Boston native)

"Tiff, what will it take for Bob Kraft and myself to buy the Bruins from Jeremy Jacobs? He's still downplaying the Chris Chan threat even though he got fined."

Tiffany
    "The league requires a three-quarters vote from the Board of Governors to force Jacobs to sell."​

Entertainment News for Mid-November 2009
  • Entertainment News for Mid-November 2009

Officials from TBS+Paramount and Mattel will vote for the venue that will host the June 2012 premiere of the Barbie movie. Among the candidates are the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, the Circle K Dome in Phoenix, Reliant Stadium in Houston, Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, the Superdome in New Orleans and the Michelob Ultra Dome in Las Vegas.
    - CNN on UPN

Controversial newspaper comic strip Dilbert, dropped from thousands of newspapers around the world, has been officially relaunched as a monthly comic book by Miramax's print division.
    - The Salt Lake Tribune

YouTube vlogger Chris Chan will be held without bail on charges related to his stalking of Tiffany Disney.
    - CNN on UPN

US Attorney General Loretta Lynch announces she will invoke the RICO act to battle FART and other moral guardian groups.
    "According to the mission statement of the Foundation of Americans for Responsible Television (FART), they were established in the middle of the 1980s to advocate for television content that was truthful and appropriate for viewers of all ages. In truth, several high-ranking FART officials abused their influence to coerce creators, studios, and networks into self-censorship and suppress the inclusion of historically oppressed groups, including, but not limited to, blacks, Latinos, and the LGBT community, in well-known intellectual works."

"In recent months, FART's coordinated intimidation campaign targeting Tiffany Disney, on the basis of her sexual orientation as well as her intellectual and physical disabilities, had become a severe security concern for the National Hockey League. While the NHL has taken drastic measures to ensure Ms. Disney's safety at all regular season games involving the Mighty Duck organization, the league was urged by Homeland Security to reschedule her team's road game against the Tampa Bay Lightning from December 2 to early April in repsonse to sexual threats by then-FART official Ron DeSantis."
    - C-SPAN

The Sports Page
    A small, but dedicated group in Vancouver has organized a "Save Our Orcas" campaign in front of the WLAF's offices in Stamford.
    - The Hartford Courant

Columbus's IHL franchise officially christened as the Blue Jackets.
    - The Columbus Dispatch

October and November 2009 Movies
  • October and November 2009 Movies

pTWaU7pnpV887KUL44Jr7CFcTuW.jpg

Ben 10: Alien Swarm

Released by Touchstone Pictures under the Nickelodeon Movies banner

75788_bf.jpg

Old Dogs
    Just like IOTL, this film was dedicated in memory of Bernie Mac, who passed away during production. Another dedication was made in light of the untimely death of Jett Travolta, John's son with Kelly Preston.

One Piece: Clockwork Island Adventure
    Released in North America and dubbed in English by Lionsgate

2012-FILM-001.jpg

Released by Columbia Pictures

aaron-and-bullock_wide-5ea538bf51b354469a0b56f57ae260ead51d8dfc-s1100-c50.jpg

The Blind Side
    Released by Warner Bros.
    ITTL, the real Michael Oher is a rookie offensive lineman for the St. Louis Sorcerers of the NFL.
    DISCLAIMER: IOTL, Mr. Oher has since come out and said that the Twohy family put him under conservatorship instead of adopting him as shown in the film.

MV5BMjAxMzQ5NDUyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzc5NDQ5Mg@@._V1_.jpg

A Christmas Carol
    CGI produced by Blue Sky and ImageMovers

turtles.jpg

Turtles Forever
    Produced by Walt Disney Television Animation (Burbank and Kansas City offices)

fc28cc62-81c3-436e-b98b-4ccdcc8afaa7.jpg

Shinobi
    Based on the SEGA video game franchise

ghows-DA-f8232029-e7af-4e88-8bab-e0f7a00d48fa-0bfccf26.jpeg

Planet 51
    Released by TriStar Pictures
    CGI produced in Spain by Ilion Animation in association with Columbia-TriStar Imageworks​

The Princess and the Frog (2009 Film)
  • 6TPQA6PTPOltALu6feMn3BS8uU8.jpg

The Princess and the Frog
    Released by Walt Disney Pictures on November 25, 2009

Directed by
    Ron Clements
    Jon Musker

Executive Producer
    Sir Daniel Abbott

Main Voices
    Anika Noni Rose as Tiana
    Bruno Campos as Naveen
    Keith David as Dr. Facilier
    Michael-Leon Wooley as Louis
    Gus St. Pierre as Ray the Firefly
    Peter Bartlett as Lawrence
    Jennifer Cody as Lottie
    John Goodman as Big Daddy LaBouff
    Jenifer Lewis as Madam Odie
    Oprah Winfrey as Eudora
    Terrence Howard as James
    Emeril Lagasse and Kevin Michael Richardson as Marlon and Ian

Notes
    Animator and New Orleans native Blanche Boudreaux was still at Nelvana while The Princess and the Frog was in production. However, she did get to host a special edition of her PBS series Carooning Made Easy in which she demonstrates how to draw the main characters.

ITTL, Anika Noni Rose sings a pop version of "Never Knew I Needed" with New Orleans icon Harry Connick, Jr.

Randy Newman still does the musical score ITTL, but the song lyrics are credited to Ne-Yo and Del St. Pierre.

Dr. Facilier will be added to an updated version of Fantasmic in the near future.

The premiere for the film was held at the Louisiana Superdome. Previous Disney premieres at the Superdome include All Dogs Go to Heaven in 1990 and The Hunchback of Notre Dame in 1996. Next summer, 20th Century-Fox will premiere X-Men Origins: Gambit at the Superdome.

IOTL, the November 25 release date was limited to Los Angeles and New York before the film went into general release on December 11. Instead, I had Disney release the film on Thanksgiving to give it a head start before New Line Cinema releases the highly-anticipated Pandora (known IOTL as Avatar).

The Princess and the Frog opened at #1 at the box office ahead of Paramount's Shinobi and Touchstone/Nickelodeon's Ben 10: Alien Swarm.

Future attractions based on the film are being planned for Riverfront Square in St. Louis. Meanwhile at Disneyland Park in Anaheim, World Holiday Land in the southwest corner will be rethemed into a possible expansion of New Orleans Square (below), which could include a new Princess and the Frog e-ticket. In case you're wondering, Splash Landing (which sits on the OTL Splash Mountain site), will stay intact as of this post.
    World-Holiday-Land.jpg

Entertainment News for Early December 2009
  • Entertainment News for Early December 2009

Breaking News:
    Kim Jung-Il, 67, dead of congested heart failure according to North Korean state media.
    - CNN

The Holiday Inn near the Glasgow Airport adds a new historical marker declaring the hotel to be the place where animation was produced for Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Sir Daniel Abbott led a unit that included Lincoln Peirce, Mike Judge, Andreas Deja, Tom Ruegger and Rachel Stone-Abbott.
    - BBC News

The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That and Curious George will headline the new Universal Kids morning block on USACX in Fall 2010.
    - Entertainment Tonight

Peacock, Bally, Hasbro, Henson and TBS+Paramount each looking to partner with Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian respectively to give Disney's cruise lines some much needed competition.
    - CBS News

Chris Chan's stalking trial set for March 11. If convicted, Mr. Chandler is looking at 20 years in prison.
    - NBC News

The Foundation of Americans for Responsible Television (FART), labeled a hate group by the SPLC, will officially dissolve on January 1 of the next year.
    - CNN

The Sports Page
    After four seasons of being the butt of sportswriters' jokes, Rocky Mountain Extreme owner Gail Miller has notified WLAF Commissioner Oliver Luck that she plans to change the franchise's name for the 2011 season.
    - The Salt Lake Tribune

Broncos QB Kliff Kingsbury could test free agency market next spring amid owner Bob Iger's reluctance to extend Kingsbury's current deal.
    - ESPN

Former Danbury Trashers executive AJ Galante named the new general manager of the Philadelphia Flyers.
    - The Hockey News

NFL Christmas TV Slate
    December 24:
    Los Angeles Rams at Arizona Cardinals (USA Network; Simulcast on NBC affiliates in Phoenix and Los Angeles)
    December 25: San Diego Chargers at Miami Dolphins (Fox; After the game, the lead out will be an anthology series broadcast of The Little Mermaid, remastered for its 20th anniversary)

NBA Christmas Day National TV Slate
    Boston Celtics (Paul Pierce) at New York Knicks (Wilson Chandler) ABC
    Miami Heat (Udonis Haslem) at Orlando Magic (Dwight Howard) FX
    Cleveland Cavaliers (LeBron James) at Dallas Mavericks (Dirk Nowitzki) UPN
    Los Angeles Lakers (Dwayne Wade and DeMar DeRozan) vs. San Diego Clippers (Kobe Bryant and Allen Iverson) ABC
    Chicago Bulls (Derrick Rose) at Phoenix Suns (Steve Nash and Pau Gasol) TNT

Mandrake the Magician (2009 Film)
  • Benedict-Cumberbatch.jpg

Mandrake the Magician
    Released by Universal Pictures through Peacock Releasing on December 11, 2009

Produced in association with
    King Features Syndicate

Based upon the newspaper comic strip created by
    Lee Falk

Directed by
    Scott Derrickson

Music by
    Michael Giacchino

Main Cast
    Benedict Cumberbatch as Leon Mandrake
    Michael Clarke Duncan as Lothar
    Sheetal Sheth as Narda
    James Saito as Hojo
    Sophie Okonedo as Karma
    Jeff Daniels as Chief Bradley
    Peter Stormare as Luciphor/The Cobra​

Entertainment News for Mid December 2009
  • Entertainment News for Mid December 2009

Breaking News:
    Roy E. Disney dies at 79

Statement from Walt Disney, Jr.
    "The bond between Roy and myself was very reminiscent of how our fathers worked together decades earlier. That bond will likely never be duplicated."

Tiffany Disney on the death of her uncle Roy Edward Disney:
    "Uncle Roy played a pivotal role in helping my father preserve Grandpa Walt's legacy while helping the family business keep pace with a rapidly changing world. Joyce and I will miss him greatly."
    - Op-Ed in the The San Diego Union Tribune

Statement from Trey Disney (Chairman of the board; TR3Y Sportswear)
    "Noelle and I are saddened by the news of my uncle's death. He and my dad did more than carry the most famous last name in the world. Uncle Roy's passion for building on Grandpa Walt's legacy is unparalleled."

Statement from Margaret Loesch (Disney vice president)
    "Our entire theatrical slate for the next year will be dedicated in Roy's memory."

Statement from Rick Siggelkow (Disney Channel president)
    "Roy's legacy cannot be measured in words or numbers."

Statement from Robert Zemeckis (Chairman of 20th Century-Fox)
    "Roy was the one who convinced Walt Jr. to let me direct the first Roger Rabbit after they both liked my work on films for other studios in the years prior."

Statement from Kevin Eastman (President of Marvel Comics)
    "Roy was initially unsure of how the TMNT would fit the flagship Disney brand, hence the dual-branding on the original Turtles cartoon and live action film. But rather quickly, he would admit that Trey's passion for the characters Peter Laird and I created gave him the confidence that the Turtles would become one of Disney's most lucrative franchises."

Statement from Rachel Stone-Abbott (Chief Creative Officer; Legendary Multimedia)
    "Danny and I are saddened by the passing of Roy E. Disney. There was a time in the early-Eighties when Walt, Sr. was cautious about Danny's desire to overcome his childhood trauma to maintain a career in animation. But it was Roy and Walt, Jr. who both lobbied heavily to convince the elder Disney to give Danny a tryout under Eric Larson's tutelage. For Danny, both Roy and Richard Williams were father figures."

Statement from Stan Lee
    "When it became obvious that the economics of the early Seventies no longer allowed Marvel and Disney to remain independent of each other, Roy convinced his uncle of the possibilities of both of our entities assembling an alliance that endures more than 35 years later."

A sample of statements from elsewhere in Hollywood

"While Roy E. Disney presided over one of our toughest competitors, his passing is a sad day for the entire entertainment industry."
    - Mario Kassar; Chairman of Warner Bros.

"At this time, our condolences go out to the immediate Disney family, the employees of Disney Enterprises, Inc., and Disney fans around the world."
    - Kevin Feige; Chairman of Universal Pictures

"The impact Roy had on pop culture is immeasurable."
    - Steven Spielberg

"Roy was more than Walt Junior's partner in crime. Together, they expanded on a legacy that will endure forever."
    - Geraldine Laybourne; Chairwoman of TBS+Paramount

"Melinda and I are saddened by the news of Roy's passing. He will continue to inspire generations to come."
    - Bill Gates; TBS+Paramount shareholder

"In my many years in the entertainment industry, I have always credited Roy, his father and uncle as my heroes."
    - Bob Iger; Chairman of Bally's, Inc. and owner of the Denver Broncos

"At this time, our family offers its condolences to the Disney family."
    - Brian Henson

"When Columbia hired Laddie away from Fox, Roy was one who guided Fox during the making of The Empire Strikes Back. And for that, I never got a chance to thank him in person."
    - George Lucas

Statement from Urusei Yatsura creator Rumiko Takahashi
    "Walt, Sr. dreamed of one day working with Osamu Tezuka. Given the impact of my characters on the world today, it's easy to forget the struggle to bring them to America. Roy and then-Fox president Frank Wells provided a much needed lift when Walt Jr. pitched the anime to HBO."

Pandora (2009 Film)

Pandora
    Released by New Line Cinema on December 18, 2009

Known IOTL as Avatar.

Cast and Crew
    Same as OTL

Notes
    Pandora would go on to be the biggest box office hit of 2009.
    Pandora was given a different title ITTL to avoid confusing with the upcoming live action adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender.
    ITTL, Disney released The Princess and the Frog a month early to avoid getting crushed by Pandora like it did IOTL.

What's Next?
    Theme park enthusiasts can expect Pandora: Flight of Passage or other Pandora themed attractions at Universal theme parks in the coming years. New Line Cinema was previously the third party partner to Bally's theme parks, but will now join Peacock's parks starting in 2010.​

Christmas Comes Early for Vancouver!
  • @WB18 @stratonapba @mrcubfan415 @TheMatthew25

Excerpt from SportsCenter
    December 22, 2009
    (c) 2009 ESPN, Inc.

TREY-WINGO.jpg

Trey Wingo:
    "While today has been understandably a slow day for NFL news here on SportsCenter, we know some of you are clamoring for more on what's going on over in the WLAF. Today, World League Commissioner Oliver Luck got an early Christmas gift that he hopes will quiet the relocation rumors surrounding the Vancouver Orcas. For that, let's go down the road to Stamford where Oliver Luck is at the podium..."

CUT TO:
    World League of American Football headquaters in
    Stamford, Connecticut

hq720.jpg

Oliver Luck
    (Commissioner; World League of American Football)
    ***press conference joined in progress***

"While support for the Orcas in Vancouver may have seemed apathetic at times, especially when the team struggled on the field, we recognize that Vancouver is too big of a media market for us to leave behind."

"Today, I am proud to announce that the World League has approved the sale of the Vancouver Orcas to an investment group led by actor and Vancouver native Ryan Reynolds."

***applause***

R.d1dc1ec78dd79554d3aba62f5b29504d

Ryan Reynolds
    "Thank you Oliver. I've played smartasses and slackers on screen. But in real life, I have always wanted to branch out into sports ownership long before my acting career began. I pledge to you and the fans back in Vancouver that the Orcas won't be just a toy. I want the world - not just the World League - but the world at large, to know that we Vancouverites are more than just the Canucks, or the BC Lions, or the Whitecaps or Grizzlies. I want sports fans everywhere to know that there's plenty of room for the Orcas in my hometown."​

This just in (December 23, 2009)
  • This just in....

Nintendo of America announced this morning that they intend to sell its sports assets, which consist of Major League Baseball's Seattle Mariners and the Spokane Steelheads, part of the World League of American Football.

While it is all but a guarantee that Nintendo will find a Seattle based buyer for the Mariners, Nintendo said the likelihood of the the Steelheads staying in Spokane, where the team has played since 1998, is "extremely remote."

Earlier this week, WLAF Commissioner Oliver Luck announced the sale of the Vancouver Orcas to a group led by actor Ryan Reynolds.

When Luck was asked about the Steelheads' future in Spokane, he told reporters to expect a formal announcement after his Christmas vacation.

Soon after, speculators began floating around names like Warren Buffett, who currently owns the Omaha Storm Chasers, the AAA baseball affiliate of the Kansas City Monarchs.