As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Before we get to August 2010, any comments or questions?
Yeah. Two questions:
1: Has the Saturday Morning preview special died out by 2010, or has it evolved into something else?
2: With the revival of The Bozo Show being so imminent, has promoting the show been ramped up to a fever pitch?

Before we get to August 2010, any comments or questions?

Despite the colubia hardrock/ Semolie deal failing is it possiable for the smeoile tribe to create there own studio. Also how about having the semiloe buy out amc before the chainess wanda group does. Amc along with Regal and Tom onstern was a founder of Open road was up and coming stuido but it went into a downfall after donal tnag bought. PErhaps the the smeiole would run it better then tang. Dou think the amc semile deal is a good idea

Caloriforia is having a guvbtional eltion theis year. Is sonny bono going to be the reform pary candiate

Did universal release curiusus George 2 on dvd like otl or are they waiting until 2010 to release it to theathers. I hope it will be released in theaters because I feel there should be more non Disney 2d films.

Is Kim jong nam planing to build a theme park in north korea. It seams plaubale to me because he is big fan of disney and I belive that the news of south korea would get nam jelous and cause him to want a his world class park. Do you think nam would have the nroth korea goverment build the park or do to be pormoter of caplaist rerofrme would he have a forign company build the park. I dount that depsite his reform he would get a western comapny to build in north korea but he may be able to get a chiness company to build a park. I feel that the fantawild compy is the most likely choice. They had intenrtest in intenrtnail expansio because they build a park in iran otl.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Oldnavy you nearer said how validly putain died and I am curuius if you ever wilol back track and reveal how died. I like the idea of Putin dying in a roller coaster derailment while attending the grand opening of a Russian Disneyland ripoff. note you may want Dimitri medevle and maybe even Igor shuvaloto die in the same acident . Dimitri medelve was President of Russia from 2008 to 2012. Putin was constcall barred from serving three constituent terms in 2008 (putin has since had the term limits removed from the conststion.) so he used medelve as puppet president from 2008 to 2012. During that period Putin was prime minister for medevle. Igor shuvol was Putin deputy prime minster in 2010
Keep current politics/poltician commentary in Chat.

@WB18 @TheMatthew25 @stratonapba @farmerted555 @Colonel Zoidberg @Otakuninja2006

ITTL, Houston of course still has the football Oilers. This is their present day logo as of 2010. A modification of the logo used IOTL by the XFL/UFL Roughnecks.
Qygo24l.png

By far one of the best logos in sports. Always bothered me that the Cleveland Browns solution couldn't be used in Houston to revive the branding after expansion, but then again the Cleveland Browns angle was basically a legal fiction so whatever.

Still, nice to see them survive here.

By far one of the best logos in sports. Always bothered me that the Cleveland Browns solution couldn't be used in Houston to revive the branding after expansion, but then again the Cleveland Browns angle was basically a legal fiction so whatever.

Still, nice to see them survive here.

ITTL, Bud Adams sold the Oilers to a Houston-based syndicate led by Red McCombs and George W Bush. When Bush decided to run as Harvey Weinstein's VP in 2000, he sold his stake in the Oilers to Tilman Fertitta, who now owns the Rockets IOTL.

Since then, the Oilers won their first Super Bowl ring in February 2004, at Reliant (now NRG) Stadium over Bill Belichick's Los Angeles Rams. Yes, the same Super Bowl now remembered for Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction.

Since then, the Oilers won their first Super Bowl ring in February 2004, at Reliant (now NRG) Stadium over Bill Belichick's Los Angeles Rams. Yes, the same Super Bowl now remembered for Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction.

I'm not familiar with whatever incident you're talking about, but does this mean the Rams never left LA? Does STL have a team?

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with whatever incident you're talking about, but does this mean the Rams never left LA? Does STL have a team?

ITTL the Rams spent 33 seasons at the Memorial Coliseum (1946-78). In 1979, they opened MCA Stadium in Chavez Ravine on the same parking lot as Angel Stadium (on the OTL site of Dodger Stadium). As a result, Anaheim Stadium, home to the MLB Hollywood Stars ITTL, has remained a baseball only park. MCA had the naming rights because they were the Rams' parent company at the time.

In 1992, Lew Wasserman was appointed commissioner of Major League Baseball. To facilitate his new job, Wasserman sold the Rams to Dr. Jerry Buss. Also included in Buss's group were Steven Spielberg, Magic Johnson and David Geffen. In 2004, Geffen would sell his stake when he was offered the rights to a World League expansion franchise that eventually became the Berlin Ogres.

Meanwhile...

When the football Cardinals moved to Arizona in 1988, St. Louis would not be without pigskin for too long. In 1994, the struggling Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks of the World League moved to St. Louis to become the Stallions. The Stallions played at the second Busch Stadium (next to Riverfront Square) for the first two years before moving into the Trans World Dome (now the Edward Jones Dome) in 1996.

A decade later, the New Orleans Saints played the 2005 season with six "home" games in St. Louis because of Hurricane Katrina. At first, there were some who thought the Saints would settle permanently in St. Louis until actor Gus St. Pierre led the NOLA Strong campaign to persuade owner Tom Benson to keep the Saints in Louisiana.

A year later, Stan Kroenke bought the Jacksonville Jaguars and moved them to St. Louis to become the Sorcerers in 2007. In exchange, the St. Louis Stallions of the WLAF moved to Jacksonville and became the Tomcats.

ITTL the Rams spent 33 seasons at the Memorial Coliseum (1946-78). In 1979, they opened MCA Stadium in Chavez Ravine on the same parking lot as Angel Stadium (on the OTL site of Dodger Stadium). As a result, Anaheim Stadium, home to the MLB Hollywood Stars ITTL, has remained a baseball only park. MCA had the naming rights because they were the Rams' parent company at the time.

In 1992, Lew Wasserman was appointed commissioner of Major League Baseball. To facilitate his new job, Wasserman sold the Rams to Dr. Jerry Buss. Also included in Buss's group were Steven Spielberg, Magic Johnson and David Geffen. In 2004, Geffen would sell his stake when he was offered the rights to a World League expansion franchise that eventually became the Berlin Ogres.

Meanwhile...

When the football Cardinals moved to Arizona in 1988, St. Louis would not be without pigskin for too long. In 1994, the struggling Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks of the World League moved to St. Louis to become the Stallions. The Stallions played at the second Busch Stadium (next to Riverfront Square) for the first two years before moving into the Trans World Dome (now the Edward Jones Dome) in 1996.

A decade later, the New Orleans Saints played the 2005 season with six "home" games in St. Louis because of Hurricane Katrina. At first, there were some who thought the Saints would settle permanently in St. Louis until actor Gus St. Pierre led the NOLA Strong campaign to persuade owner Tom Benson to keep the Saints in Louisiana.

A year later, Stan Kroenke bought the Jacksonville Jaguars and moved them to St. Louis to become the Sorcerers in 2007. In exchange, the St. Louis Stallions of the WLAF moved to Jacksonville and became the Tomcats.

Where does the WLAF fall on the football 'pyramid?' Below the NFL or at parity?

Moving the team from Jacksonville does make the most sense though. Quirk of history they've had the Jaguars IOTL as long as they have.

What's hockey like ITTL?

Where does the WLAF fall on the football 'pyramid?' Below the NFL or at parity?

Moving the team from Jacksonville does make the most sense though. Quirk of history they've had the Jaguars IOTL as long as they have.

What's hockey like ITTL?

IOTL, Jacksonville got lucky with the bids from St. Louis and Baltimore falling apart at the last minute.

Anyways...

The pigskin pyramid nowadays excluding NCAA:
NFL > WLAF and CFL > Indoor leagues (Arena Football League, Indoor Football League)

Any other questions before we get to August 2010?
I have two questions @OldNavy1988 :
  1. Will there be an update covering the premiere of Adventure Time? Considering that cartoon began the tidal wave of serialized children's cartoons of the 2010s and early 2020s, that seems like an important event to cover given this is an animation TL as well as a sports TL.
  2. Recently I've been binge watching Clone High for the first time and I've been wondering: who owns Clone High ITTL? Is it Henson because Touchstone Television was involved in production, CBSDiscovery because Nelvana was involved in production, or TBSParamount because it aired on MTV (I assume all these aspects are the same, given the nature of this TL and the fact that I don’t think Clone High would fit anywhere other than MTV)?

For those who are new to this TL, Touchstone Pictures was founded ITTL in 1978 as a joint venture between these men...

Michael Eisner, formerly one of Paramount's Killer Dillers...
michael-eisner-1977-courtesy-csu-archives-everett-collection-CWATXG.jpg

Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera...
william-hanna-and-joseph-barbera-bettmann.jpg

...and Jim Henson.
jim_henson_1_big.jpg

Because of Hanna-Barbera's involvement with Touchstone, HB's then-parent company Taft Broadcasting controlled a 50% stake in Touchstone.
By 1985, Eisner bought out Taft's stake. A year later, Touchstone Pictures, Hanna-Barbera Productions and Henson Associates (ha!) would be reorganized into The Jim Henson Company.

Touchstone's original logo was this one below, beginning with The Muppet Movie in the summer of 1979.