As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Sir Daniel Abbott's 50th Birthday Celebration (2008 TV Special)
Sir Daniel Abbott's 50th Birthday Celebration
Aired on April 16, 2008 on Fox as a special edition of Disney's anthology series

Hosted by
Haley Joel Osment

Featured Interviews (in no particular order)
Walt Disney, Jr.
Stan Lee
Richard Williams
Eric Goldberg
Andreas Deja
Freddie Starr
Don Bluth
Rachel Stone-Abbott
Bruce Timm
Mark Evanier
Steve Melendez
Tom Ruegger
Devon Abbott
Alyssa Abbott
AJ McLean
Gus St. Pierre
Edd Gould
Rebecca Sugar
Tiffany Disney
Kevin Eastman
Robert Zemeckis
Steven Spielberg
Molly Ringwald
Keanu Reeves
Jim Carrey
Robin Williams
Greg Rhodes
Peter Schneider
Glen Keane

Archived interviews
Frank Thomas
Ollie Johnston
Wolfgang Reitherman
Eric Larson
Walt Disney, Sr.
Howard Ashman

With performances by
The Backstreet Boys plus Gus
Del St. Pierre and Luz Ramirez
Brian May of Queen
Idina Menzel
Jodi Benson
Dolly Parton
Laura Branigan

Notes
The ceremony portion of this special was videotaped in New York City at Radio City Music Hall.

Tiffany's interviews were recorded for this special months in advance in her office at the Mighty Ducks' corporate headquarters in San Diego. On the night this special aired, her team was en route to Houston where they began their first round playoff series against the Aeros.

A few of the Nine Old Men are featured here because Sir Daniel often accompanied his mentor Richard Williams on annual summer visits to the Disney studios for several years before Danny finally landed his current gig with the organization.

Sir Daniel took his tryout with Eric Larson in the summer and fall of 1983 before being officially hired by Disney in February 1984.

In the first few months he was at Disney, Sir Daniel was assigned to Fox for the Movietoon revival shorts, which ran from 1985 thru '91.

Daniel and Rachel met in a hallway on the Paramount backlot around 1982. Danny was working on Ziggy's Gift while Rachel was working on an uncredited rewrite of Young Sherlock Holmes. Frank Mancuso, Jr. would later say in interviews that his father came to regret letting the Abbotts slip through Paramount's fingers.

In 1974 when Daniel was beginning his career at age 16, Richard Williams became Daniel's legal guardian with the approval of a London magistrate. Earlier that year, Daniel had ran away from his abusive Southampton home and boarded an overnight train to London.

Daniel was the youngest animator on staff during the making of Raggedy Ann and Andy: A Musical Adventure. He was 17 when he served as the live action reference model for Raggedy Andy. He was 18 during full animation and turned 19 roughly two weeks after Columbia Pictures released the film in the United States.

In 1977, Columbia's then-chairman Peter Guber wanted to appoint Daniel and Eric Goldberg to run a reborn Screen Gems, but was vetoed by the higher ups at CBS because they felt both men were too young.​

I know that disney is keeping thetical 2d animatiom alive in this timeline but is anyone else doing 2d aniamiton. Oldnavy Perhaps it would be a good idea to make an animation pipeline for all stuidos uptill 2015 I'm willing to help

NHL Playoff Seeds for 2007-08
NHL Playoff Seeds for 2007-08

Eastern ConferenceWestern Conference
1Washington Capitals (Central Division Champs)San Jose Sharks (Pacific Division Champs)
2Montreal Canadiens (Northeast Division Champs)Minnesota North Stars (Midwest Division Champs)
3Atlanta Flames (Southeast Division Champs)Vancouver Canucks (Northwest Division Champs)
4Pittsburgh Penguins (Atlantic Division Champs)Houston Aeros (Frontier Division Champs)
5New York RangersMighty Ducks of San Diego
6Tennessee TitansColorado Rockies
7Ottawa SenatorsChicago Blackhawks
8Buffalo SabresEdmonton Oilers

First Round Matchups

East

1) Washington vs. 8) Buffalo
2) Montreal vs. 7) Ottawa
3) Atlanta vs. 6) Tennessee
4) Pittsburgh vs. 5) NY Rangers

West
1) San Jose vs. 8) Edmonton
2) Minnesota vs. 7) Chicago
3) Vancouver vs. 6) Colorado
4) Houston vs. 5) San Diego

Teams that advance to the semifinals will be re-seeded.

Thanks for the fave oldnavy Do you want me to make a darf of aniamton untill 2015 pipeline. If so do you like the idea of the otl direct to dvd tradiaonaly animited curius george 2 follow that monkey to be released in theathers. Also should I put bigbugman for a thancksgiving 2008 release

Thanks for the fave oldnavy Do you want me to make a darf of aniamton untill 2015 pipeline. If so do you like the idea of the otl direct to dvd tradiaonaly animited curius george 2 follow that monkey to be released in theathers. Also should I put bigbugman for a thancksgiving 2008 release
Send me a PM.

I kinda don't want deviantart to go. Their's alot more then just kinky stuff here, like fanart and fiction I like to see.

What Disney is suing DeviantArt for is mainly non-consenting images and fan fiction of Tiffany and Joyce. Fanart is sill a grey area in terms of copyright and stuff.

Presient Desandero needs a legay beyond being america first female president. I know that otl pelois was a supporer of ending the cuban trade emgargo. Maybe that should be the big thing she is remeambered for. PS if the emgao ends do you sport the idea of a world class theme park or wo in cuba. Is havana to close to oralndo for a disneyland or a uniserval park. If so would a disneyland near sangito de cuba or holguin work or they also two close to orland. If a uniseral or parmont park won't work in cuba then maybe a worlds of wonder parmont pincel or six king park.

Presient Desandero needs a legay beyond being america first female president. I know that otl pelois was a supporer of ending the cuban trade emgargo. Maybe that should be the big thing she is remeambered for. PS if the emgao ends do you sport the idea of a world class theme park or wo in cuba. Is havana to close to oralndo for a disneyland or a uniserval park. If so would a disneyland near sangito de cuba or holguin work or they also two close to orland. If a uniseral or parmont park won't work in cuba then maybe a worlds of wonder parmont pincel or six king park.
Lifting the embargo on Cuba has been very tricky for previous Presidents ITTL.

TBS-Paramount may have to shed a few parks in North America as part of the merger, but they could still enter Cuba should the embargo be lifted. Even then, they might run into resistance trying to add a Spy vs. Spy attraction to a Cuban park. This is mainly due to its creator, the late Antonio Prohias, having fled Cuba when Castro took offense to the anti-communist political cartoons that Prohias drew for several Havana newspapers, most notably the now-defunct El Mundo and Prensa Libre.

Still, no matter who decides to build a park in Cuba once the embargo is lifted, it'll take some time to make a profit because a lot of the IP's and characters will be unfamiliar to at least the first couple generations of local guests.

Entertainment News for Mid-April 2008
Entertainment News for Mid-April 2008

Disney v. DeviantArt Update

In an emotional defeat for fan fiction creators, a federal judge in Sacramento has ruled against art community website DeviantArt. The site had been under fire from critics for the misappropriation of the likenesses of both Tiffany Disney and her spouse Joyce Chung in AB/DL fetish art and fan fiction. DeviantArt has now been ordered to pay Disney and Chung $300 million USD each in emotional distress damages. After the ruling was handed down, DeviantArt executives who hoped to appeal to the Supreme Court later this year, now say that the site's attorneys have advised them to stand down.
- CNN on UPN

In an address to the nation from the Oval Office, President D'Alesandro announces that the long-standing embargo on Cuba will be lifted starting on January 1, 2009.
- The Washington Post

Jim Carrey accepts Warner Bros.' offer to revive the Ace Ventura character on two conditions. Firstly that Jim will act as a consultant without reprising the role himself. Secondly, because of the backlash surrounding the third act of the infamous 1994 flop, both Jim and studio chairman Mario Kassar have advised that screenwriters refrain from repeating the same transphobic stereotypes depicted in the original.
- Variety

The Sports Page
NHL Semifinal Matchups:
East

3) Atlanta vs. 8) Washington
4) Pittsburgh vs. 7) Ottawa

West
5) San Diego vs. 3) Vancouver
1) San Jose vs. 7) Chicago

Disney v. DeviantArt Update
In an emotional defeat for fan fiction creators, a federal judge in Sacramento has ruled against art community website DeviantArt. The site had been under fire from critics for the misappropriation of the likenesses of both Tiffany Disney and her spouse Joyce Chung in AB/DL fetish art and fan fiction. DeviantArt has now been ordered to pay Disney and Chung of $300 million USD each in emotional distress damages. After the ruling was handed down, DeviantArt executives who hoped to appeal to the Supreme Court later this year, now say that the site's attorneys have advised them to stand down.
- CNN on UPN

In an address to the nation from the Oval Office, President D'Alesandro announces that the long-standing embargo on Cuba will be lifted starting on January 1, 2009.
- The Washington Post

Jim Carrey accepts Warner Bros.' offer to revive the Ace Ventura character on two conditions. Firstly that Jim will act as a consultant without reprising the role himself. Secondly, because of the backlash surrounding the third act of the infamous 1994 flop, both Jim and studio chairman Mario Kassar have advised that screenwriters refrain from repeating the same transphobic stereotypes depicted in the original.
- Variety
I'd say Deviantart deserves better, but they asked for it by allowing this to happen in the first place. Heck, 600 million dollars is a lot of money.

On another note, I'm completely on board with these conditions.

I belive you said that shagiahia disyeland land is butterflied. Alternative locations include vanconver or Niagra falls ottowa canada, Cancun mexico,, punta can domonic republic jeuju island south korea (possily on the otl stie of jeju shawia world) Talipia Tiwan durbinick coriatia prague chech republic or warsaw poland

I belive you said that shagiahia disyeland land is butterflied. Alternative locations include vanconver or Niagra falls ottowa canada, Cancun mexico,, punta can domonic republic jeuju island south korea (possily on the otl stie of jeju shawia world) Talipia Tiwan durbinick coriatia prague chech republic or warsaw poland

Some of those locations that are in cold weather areas will likely have to be indoor in order to operate year round.