As Dreamers Do Part Deux

@nick_crenshaw82
Blanche Boudreaux, the artist formerly known as Blanche St. Pierre, I would imagine having some resemblance to Christina Ricci (left) and Lacey Chabert (right) through her adolescence and well into her adult years.
7e2428ac3c97f9a49a8d0ca8bd7cbaa1.jpg
MV5BOTczNzY1NzIyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDg3NTM0MjE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
dfdovd6-1bf38363-f050-4137-8d09-05bdc358512f.jpg
dfdovdi-82612b36-5047-4ed5-aab8-0bee6821bae0.jpg

Last edited:
Entertainment News for Mid to Late June 2006

As King Features Syndicate entertains offers from Peacock and Paramount on a possible reboot of Defenders of the Earth, KFS says regardless of who wins the bidding war, they hope to regain the Popeye multimedia rights except for theme parks from Turner Broadcasting.
- The San Francisco Chronicle

Principal photography begins on the live action adaptation of Transformers with TriStar planning a June or July 2007 release.
- Entertainment Tonight
Ok.

I'm down with that, and I think Popeye's multimedia rights should stay with Turner.

And Transformers with TriStar? Cool, but why not move it to the Columbia Pictures label?
Paramount confirms on its MySpace page that they will announce the details of their multimedia partnership with Mattel at next month's San Diego Comic Con.
- Variety
I can't wait to hear this.
Google expresses an interest in acquiring the world's fastest growing video website YouTube.
- CNN
NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!!

Do you not know what Google has done to that site?

I say leave it be....
Peacock, Apple Corps reach an agreement to jointly licence Yellow Submarine to Limited Run for a VHS reissue for the film's 40th anniversary in 2008.
- BBC
Cool.
Trans World Entertainment, parent company of For Your Entertainment (FYE), Sam Goody and Suncoast, along with Blockbuster, Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy and Circuit City scrap initial plans to remove VHS sections from their respective stores to stock Limited Run tapes.
- Billboard
Ha!!

Now VHS is about to come back the same way that vinyl/CD has been coming back!
Rumor Mill
Fox planning to put The Simpsons on a one- or two-year hiatus after next year's theatrical movie.
- BVN
Why?
After a false start several years ago, King Features hopes once again to convince Chris Savino to help revive the Krazy Kat property.
- Animation Magazine

Why?

And what's Krazy Kat by the way?
Lionsgate says as soon as they complete their acquisitions of ADV, Geneon and World Events Productions, they hope to open negotiations with the major theme park chains.
- The Vancouver Sun
Cool!
The Sports Page
Chevron pumps $49 million USD into the naming rights to the San Francisco 49ers' new stadium which is on track to open in 2007. The deal will take effect when the stadium opens for preseason games and will be up for renewal in 2022.
- ESPN
Ok.

As King Features Syndicate entertains offers from Peacock and Paramount on a possible reboot of Defenders of the Earth, KFS says regardless of who wins the bidding war, they hope to regain the Popeye multimedia rights except for theme parks from Turner Broadcasting.
- The San Francisco Chronicle

Principal photography begins on the live action adaptation of Transformers with TriStar planning a June or July 2007 release.
- Entertainment Tonight

Paramount confirms on its MySpace page that they will announce the details of their multimedia partnership with Mattel at next month's San Diego Comic Con.
- Variety

Google expresses an interest in acquiring the world's fastest growing video website YouTube.
- CNN

Peacock, Apple Corps reach an agreement to jointly licence Yellow Submarine to Limited Run for a VHS reissue for the film's 40th anniversary in 2008.
- BBC

Trans World Entertainment, parent company of For Your Entertainment (FYE), Sam Goody and Suncoast, along with Blockbuster, Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy and Circuit City scrap initial plans to remove VHS sections from their respective stores to stock Limited Run tapes.
- Billboard

Rumor Mill
Fox planning to put The Simpsons on a one- or two-year hiatus after next year's theatrical movie.
- BVN

After a false start several years ago, King Features hopes once again to convince Chris Savino to help revive the Krazy Kat property.
- Animation Magazine

Lionsgate says as soon as they complete their acquisitions of ADV, Geneon and World Events Productions, they hope to open negotiations with the major theme park chains.
- The Vancouver Sun
1: Should Popeye return to King Features, I hope that Turner Broadcasting can still be able to own the older cartoons from that franchise. Not to make new ones, just to air the old ones.
2: Cool!
3: This should prove fruitful.
4: This is something I wouldn't mind either outcome on.
5: Nice!
6: But for those who still want to get rid of VHS tapes, the least they could do is to not relegate them to the bargain bin. That's all I ask from them.
7: This is something I'd like to see be finalized. On the one hand, this could rejuvenate the show to become better than it once was. On the other hand, we could just see further Simpsons movies or specials to keep the brand alive. On the other, other hand, maybe Tales from Springfield can air in 2009 or 2010 to replace the original series?
8: Who knows? This might actually have a shot this time.
9: And with divisions like these, they probably should.

Question submitted by @Mitch!
Then, there’s the stipulation in Stan and Jan Berenstain’s contract with Warner Bros., as it kept the Berenstain Bears from appearing in crossovers, with any of Time Warner’s other IPs. Were any reasons given, by the Berenstains, as to why they would opt out of so much free publicity?

Answer: Because the Berenstain family felt that having the Bears interact with Rambo or the Men in Black could potentially ruin the innocence of their characters.

Then, there’s the stipulation in Stan and Jan Berenstain’s contract with Warner Bros., as it kept the Berenstain Bears from appearing in crossovers, with any of Time Warner’s other IPs. Were any reasons given, by the Berenstains, as to why they would opt out of so much free publicity?

Answer: Because the Berenstain family felt that having the Bears interact with Rambo or the Men in Black could potentially ruin the innocence of their characters.
Oh........

Now we get why that was in the contract.

The Green Lantern (2006 Film)
R.59cccafb5e9b3a027fd32a291b324070

The Green Lantern
Released by Columbia Pictures on June 30, 2006

Produced in association with Bad Hat Harry Productions.

Directed by
Bryan Singer

Screenplay by
Michael Dougherty
Brad Harris

Music by
Michael Giacchino

Main Cast
Brandon Routh as Hal Jordan
Kate Hudson as Carol Ferris
Peter Sarsgaard as Hector Hammond
Mark Strong as Sinestro
Angela Bassett as Amanda Waller
Tim Robbins as Robert Hammond
Temuera Morrison as Abin Sur
Geoffrey Rush as Tomar-Re
Michael Clarke Duncan as the voice of Kilowog
Taiki Waititi as Thomas Kalmaku
Clancy Brown as the voice of Parallax​

The Green Lantern

Directed by
Bryan Singer

Screenplay by
Michael Dougherty
Brad Harris

Music by
Michael Giacchino

Main Cast
Mark Strong as Sinestro
Was this any better then what Martin Campbell gave us

The Green Lantern

Directed by
Bryan Singer

Screenplay by
Michael Dougherty
Brad Harris

Music by
Michael Giacchino

Main Cast
Mark Strong as Sinestro
Nice.

And why can I see a Green Lathern animated series on CBS Saturday Mornings?

I remamber that the oringal plans for dubialand include a universal studios park and a dreamworks park. Peackock owns univeral and dreamworks atl.They also own RKO. Do you think they peakcok would want to build third gate for rko at dubiland

On the bright side, I can entirely see why those interactions would ruin the innocence of the Berenstain Bears.

On the other hand, there could be nothing stopping us from getting a Berenstain Bears/Looney Tunes crossover, and leaving it at that for now.

1: Should Popeye return to King Features, I hope that Turner Broadcasting can still be able to own the older cartoons from that franchise. Not to make new ones, just to air the old ones.

7: This is something I'd like to see be finalized. On the one hand, this could rejuvenate the show to become better than it once was. On the other hand, we could just see further Simpsons movies or specials to keep the brand alive. On the other, other hand, maybe Tales from Springfield can air in 2009 or 2010 to replace the original series?

What could happen with Popeye should King Features proceed with their Defenders of the Earth reboot is they could have an arrangement similar to how Kevin Feige somehow managed to get Sony to let Spidey be in the MCU IOTL. In other words, United Artists or MGM can co-produce Defenders with whomever winds up being King Features' primary partner likely either Peacock (Past Walter Lantz/Famous Studios connections with Popeye and a few KFS characters can be seen at Islands of Adventure) or Paramount (original distributor of the Fleischer-Terry Popeyes). Or, as a longshot, maybe Touchstone since KFS' parent company Hearst co-owns A&E, ESPN and the History Channel with Henson.

A few Simpsons gags for TTL:
- Right before the Itchy and Scratchy Movie begins, the Walt Disney Pictures castle logo appears with the byline: "A Division of the Jim Henson Company."
- During one episode in the 1995-96 season, Bart annoys Lisa by butchering Devon Sawa's name, referring to the actor as either "Divine Swami" or "Dijon Salami."
- A few gags commenting on the chaos in Gus St. Pierre's personal life, including the incident that caused him to miss out on Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
- The Amusing Tombstones that popped up on the Treehouse of Horror for more installments than IOTL. "MyTV" was one of last year's Amusing Tombstones.
- The 2004-05 season introduced idiot socialite Dublin Sheraton as a way of skewering Paris Hilton's short-lived tenure as owner of the San Diego Chargers.
- This past season, Comic Book Guy was a bit confused by the birth of Limited Run.

Bonus:
- The 1994-95 season of The Critic devoted a two-part episode to Jay Sherman's observations about the aforementioned torment of Gus St. Pierre's teenage years, although some gags relied on Cajun/redneck stereotypes.
- Matt Groening has since revealed in recent interviews that Sir Daniel Abbott used a pseudonym to write George Takei's "Way to kill the franchise, Bakula" line on Futurama as his way of venting about Paramount's shitty Americanized version of Doctor Who.
- Gus St. Pierre voiced Buckley on King of the Hill (produced by Paramount ITTL).
- On Quack Pack, Sawa and St. Pierre were immortalized as "Devon Swan" and "Gus St. Pelican" respectively.

What could happen with Popeye should King Features proceed with their Defenders of the Earth reboot is they could have an arrangement similar to how Kevin Feige somehow managed to get Sony to let Spidey be in the MCU IOTL. In other words, United Artists or MGM can co-produce Defenders with whomever winds up being King Features' primary partner likely either Peacock (Past Walter Lantz/Famous Studios connections with Popeye and a few KFS characters can be seen at Islands of Adventure) or Paramount (original distributor of the Fleischer-Terry Popeyes). Or, as a longshot, maybe Touchstone since KFS' parent company Hearst co-owns A&E, ESPN and the History Channel with Henson.
Under these circumstances, the Defenders of the Earth reboot should be do-produced between MGM/UA and Peacock. I mean, let's face it. Compared to the connections Hearst has with Paramount and Touchstone, Peacock's ties to Popeye are more recent and relevant than theirs are.
@TheFaultsofAlts
Tales of Springfield could be the spiritual successor, although you could still have the Treehouse of Horror remain an annual thing for the franchise.
Oddly enough, the Treehouse of Horror specials were why I said "movies or specials", and not just movies.
A few Simpsons gags for TTL:
- Right before the Itchy and Scratchy Movie begins, the Walt Disney Pictures castle logo appears with the byline: "A Division of the Jim Henson Company."
- During one episode in the 1995-96 season, Bart annoys Lisa by butchering Devon Sawa's name, referring to the actor as either "Divine Swami" or "Dijon Salami."
- A few gags commenting on the chaos in Gus St. Pierre's personal life, including the incident that caused him to miss out on Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
- The Amusing Tombstones that popped up on the Treehouse of Horror for more installments than IOTL. "MyTV" was one of last year's Amusing Tombstones.
- The 2004-05 season introduced idiot socialite Dublin Sheraton as a way of skewering Paris Hilton's short-lived tenure as owner of the San Diego Chargers.
- This past season, Comic Book Guy was a bit confused by the birth of Limited Run.
Unlike the "Division of Disney" joke from OTL, Disney being bought by Henson is something I'd rather leave to Geekhis Khan's Hensonverse.

The amusing tombstones gag is something I'd like to see stick around, as that's the type of humor I like. Besides, MyTV was on its last toe by this point, not even having legs anymore.

I'd like to hear how Comic Book Guy was confused. Is it the basis of an episode, or just a long gag?
Bonus:
- The 1994-95 season of The Critic devoted a two-part episode to Jay Sherman's observations about the aforementioned torment of Gus St. Pierre's teenage years, although some gags relied on Cajun/redneck stereotypes.
- Matt Groening has since revealed in recent interviews that Sir Daniel Abbott used a pseudonym to write George Takei's "Way to kill the franchise, Bakula" line on Futurama as his way of venting about Paramount's shitty Americanized version of Doctor Who.
- Gus St. Pierre voiced Buckley on King of the Hill (produced by Paramount ITTL).
- On Quack Pack, Sawa and St. Pierre were immortalized as "Devon Swan" and "Gus St. Pelican" respectively.
Oddly enough, the Quack Pack version of Devon Sawa could be used to tell families how his real surname is sounded when spoken. Maybe...

Oddly enough, the Quack Pack version of Devon Sawa could be used to tell families how his real surname is sounded when spoken. Maybe...
That I think would've helped me and my older sister because IOTL I didn't know how his name was actually pronounced until I heard the announcer, John Leader, I think it was, say it on the commercials for the theatrical and VHS releases of Wild America. But also, IOTL, Dev I don't think was as popular as JTT, or Leo or Macaulay.