11/31/2014 - Worst Case Scenario, A Collaborative Timeline

November 31, 2014
3:00 AM - Secretary of State John Kerry died in his sleep due to a brain aneurysm.

8:00 AM -
Upon receiving the news of Secretary Kerry's death, Barack Obama addresses the nation: "My fellow Americans, this morning I received unfortunate news. Our Secretary of State, John Kerry, passed away in his sleep this morning. He did not suffer. Secretary Kerry was an accomplished veteran and lifelong civil servant. His contributions to this country will not be forgotten. From now until a replacement is appointed, the Acting Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman will act as Acting Secretary of State. I have full faith that in this short interim Mrs. Sherman will serve her country to the best of her ability. My condolences to Secretary Kerry's family. That is all."

8:05 AM - Acting Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman is sworn in as (Acting) Secretary of State.

1:30 PM - John Boehner, Speaker of the House of Representatives resigns from his position effective immediately, citing health concerns after being informed by his doctors that he has a fast-acting cancer in his brain.

3:00 PM - Vermont Senator and President pro tempore of the Senate Patrick Leahy suffers a heart attack on the Senate floor. He is rushed to the hospital and is pronounced dead by 5:30.

6:00 PM - Shortly before Barack Obama is prepared to address the nation for the second time in one day, he is informed that his own Vice President Joe Biden has himself suffered a heart attack, dying just moments ago. Shocked and heart broken, President Obama prepares a speech to give later in the evening.

7:45 PM - (WASHINGTON, DC.) President Barack Obama addresses the nation. "My fellow Americans, I do not relish what news I bring you next. Our country has suffered three more great losses today. Our House Speaker, John Boehner has resigned after being diagnosed with cancer. Our thoughts and prayers are the Boehner family in their time of need. Vermont Senator and President pro tempore of the Senate, Patrick Leahy, died of a heart attack this afternoon, along with Vice President Joe Biden, one of my best friends in the world. In these troubling times, we must remember to-"

These were the last words of President Barack Obama, who was assassinated mid-sentence by Kevin Edward Smith, a White Supremacist. Smith was immediately detained by the Secret Service.

9:00 PM - Three agents quickly found the location of Sec. Sherman, who was in her home having a late dinner with her family, unaware of the events that transpired within the past few hours beyond her confirmation as Acting Secretary of State. Sherman was shocked when Secret Service agents burst into her home at this time, and said to her the last words she expected to hear that evening:

"Madam President, you need to come with us."

Wendy_R._Sherman.jpg

Might be easier to take these people out in one fell-swoop or get Ms. Sherman into the VO spot before Obama dies. Also, November only has 30 days.