Your Personal Pop Culture Utopia timeline

In fanon, Princess Daisy has gained a reputation as the tomboyish version of Princess Peach.

I wish Nintendo would lean into this kind of thing and embrace Daisy's tomboy persona in its video games.

In fanon, Princess Daisy has gained a reputation as the tomboyish version of Princess Peach.

I wish Nintendo would lean into this kind of thing and embrace Daisy's tomboy persona in its video games.
1000003350.jpg

1000003352.jpg

Lots of people in the fandom draw her as pretty buff, so this headcanon seems to be pretty widespread.

View attachment 900946
View attachment 900949
Lots of people in the fandom draw her as pretty buff, so this headcanon seems to be pretty widespread.

Also the kindhearted tomboy has become increasingly popular over the last few years, as shown by the recent Lois Lane, who is a character revamp that actually works. (Looking at you, Velma.)

It only makes sense for Nintendo to accept this take on Daisy, maybe feature her in the next Mario movie.

View attachment 900946
View attachment 900949
Also the kindhearted tomboy has become increasingly popular over the last few years, as shown by the recent Lois Lane, who is a character revamp that actually works. (Looking at you, Velma.)

It only makes sense for Nintendo to accept this take on Daisy, maybe feature her in the next Mario movie.
Hell yeah.

Maybe she could be in more mainline games too? I’m thinking of having her in my TL’s 3D World and NSMBU.
This might sound a bit far out, but I'm also tempted to replace Rosalina with Wario to celebrate his 21st birthday in a way; I think he fits nicely as an unexpected, surprise character.
What about making her the protagonist of a “My Adventures With Superman” style show? Can that work with Mario Bros.?
Sounds awesome!

Last edited:
ok so are you planning to do like a mario timeline like you did with sonic a while back?
Probably not. I could go over some more minor/nitpicky stuff, but as far as bigger changes go, I don't have much to say.

I may split my Mega Man section off into its own post, but I don't have much experience with Battle Network and Star Force; advice from anyone on what can be added to either series would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I'm more into tomboys, alt and nerdy girls...as Im a nerd myself

But yeah, back on topic, more tomboy/edgy girl characters would be AWESOME!
Nerds and alt-girls can be at both ends of the scale. But about the edgy characters... no. American pop culture (and anime) is overflowing with them. We need more calm and polite heroes and heroines. Or at least those who don’t need to be rude to everyone around them. My friend fainted for a long time after watching "Rings of Power".

*comes back with pizza to see this thread becoming a cesspool of tastes in women
Sorry - it's my fault. To be honest, I just forgot what I wanted to write in the second half.

Last edited:
For that she needs more popularity,at best she's filler

So in this situation, would you revamp Princess Peach to be more tomboyish. Make her someone who not only hates her prim and proper existence, but is tough enough to lay the smackdown on Bowser?

Sounds awesome!
Thanks!

Honestly, I'm more inclined towards girly girls.
???

ok...

I'm more into tomboys, alt and nerdy girls...as Im a nerd myself

But yeah, back on topic, more tomboy/edgy girl characters would be AWESOME!
*comes back with pizza to see this thread becoming a cesspool of tastes in women
Nerds and alt-girls can be at both ends of the scale. But about the edgy characters... no. American pop culture (and anime) is overflowing with them. We need more calm and polite heroes and heroines. Or at least those who don’t need to be rude to everyone around them. My friend fainted for a long time after watching "Rings of Power".

I'd say that whether you have a "girly" character or a "tomboy", whether that character is likeable or not depends entirely on execution.

The recent Velma cartoon sucked, not because the idea of a "mature" Scooby Doo setting is inherently bad, but because it confuses "edginess" with good writing.

Making Velma sassy and a little more vituperative isn't a bad idea, but making her into an unpleasant jerkass isn't done well at all, because there is nothing to smooth out her rough edges, and in a good settings, these flaws are meant to be things to overcome.

Similarly, making Fred an incompetent himbo doesn't work because his treatment goes well into unpleasant for too many people.

I like the idea of a tomboyish Daisy, but in the end, making her a tough girl who "get's things done" isn't inherently good writing: making her into a nuanced character who has to learn lessons and make sacrifices is.