Why not keep going? A Roman Britain TL:

In the long it Britannica going to be something of one of the remaining lights of Rome civilization like the Eastern Roman Empire in otl ?
Barring, bigger than OTL number of Roman settlers, and at TTL time, IMO, at best Britain may aspire, for a smoother than OTL, transition to an de facto post Roman/'rump' State like Soissons or even, perhaps, like the Brythonic, in Armorica/Brittany.

well given how many times England needed to invade Ireland before they were able to fully control the island I wouldn't be surprise if Hibernia becomes Rome's new Britannia

Barring, bigger than OTL number of Roman settlers, and at TTL time, IMO, at best Britain may aspire, for a smoother than OTL, transition to an de facto post Roman/'rump' State like Soissons or even, perhaps, like the Brythonic, in Armorica/Brittany.
I would say also the people's in Britannica would become more Roman and it would be the more germanic elements and gaul elements

Of the Roman Empire that would like to settle in that climber

I think a lot depends on if the Rome leaves the in 410 AD and how peaceful that land is and how prosperous it is

Would it be a Republic or monarchy or a hybrid of both and would the administrative state which can have an army and navy

Would that survivors well

I would say also the people's in Britannica would become more Roman and it would be the more germanic elements and gaul elements

Of the Roman Empire that would like to settle in that climber

I think a lot depends on if the Rome leaves the in 410 AD and how peaceful that land is and how prosperous it is

Would it be a Republic or monarchy or a hybrid of both and would the administrative state which can have an army and navy

Would that survivors well

I agree with what Xenophonte said, also because it must be remembered that if the Urbicus plan is successful in the long term, we will see Rome not having to "waste" huge resources in having to preside over, defend and manage a complicated province like Otl's Britain, maintaining 3 legions constantly on site ( with the risk of possible rebellions in the area, which widely happened ) so these saved resources would be redistributed elsewhere, in hotter fronts for the Empire ( such as the Germanic or Persian Limes ) giving a chance to breathe greater in Rome ( thanks to a better capacity for rapid intervention in the event of incursions coming from those regions into its territories ) this in turn could influence the very survival or duration of the imperial administration in the West compared to Otl, given that some crises historically occurred, here they do not happen ( I am mainly talking about the British usurpers, such as Constantine III and his associates ) who forced the central government to divert resources from important fronts to intervene to resolve the various problems created

I agree with what Xenophonte said, also because it must be remembered that if the Urbicus plan is successful in the long term, we will see Rome not having to "waste" huge resources in having to preside over, defend and manage a complicated province like Otl's Britain, maintaining 3 legions constantly on site ( with the risk of possible rebellions in the area, which widely happened ) so these saved resources would be redistributed elsewhere, in hotter fronts for the Empire ( such as the Germanic or Persian Limes ) giving a chance to breathe greater in Rome ( thanks to a better capacity for rapid intervention in the event of incursions coming from those regions into its territories ) this in turn could influence the very survival or duration of the imperial administration in the West compared to Otl, given that some crises historically occurred, here they do not happen ( I am mainly talking about the British usurpers, such as Constantine III and his associates ) who forced the central government to divert resources from important fronts to intervene to resolve the various problems created
If their are still going to be political crisis and border crisises in the far future then Britannica would still be attacked

But if from Island, Scandinavia and germanic tribes which would mean the natives in Britannica would need to fight on their own

Or have legions deployed to the region

But I do see what you are saying those legion's can go to other places in empire and that the Empire could potentially expand its borders

As for this I wonder how much is it a Roman survive story or would it become a surviving Roman civilization in Britannica story

I just wonder what the scope and intentions of this story is but that might be too much of a spoiler

The last episode seem to imply that Urbicus pretends to invade Hibernia which may result in the empire changing an island in need of being constantly garrisoned for another and given how hard was OTL for the British to maintain control of Ireland despite being one of the biggest empires in the world...

Last edited:
The last episode seem to imply that Urbicus pretends to invade Hibernia which may result in the empire changing an island in need of being constantly garrisoned for another and given how hard was OTL for the British to maintain control of Ireland despite being one of the biggest empires in the world...
For the Normans, English and then the British Island there was never too bothered about it was seen as a backwater

Didn't hold the same prestige as trying to maintain control of French lands

Their is the strong possibility I think that if the Anglo-Saxon kings continued to rule England they would have united the Island

You can not really do that if you are fight wars on the continent

It could be a similar story in this if the Britannic Romans try to resurrect the Roman Empire in the West

But in this new time line the British would have been unite at longer with otl England, Wales and Scotland never existing it would just be one Kingdom

maintaining 3 legions constantly on site ( with the risk of possible rebellions in the area, which widely happened ) so these saved resources would be redistributed elsewhere, in hotter fronts for the Empire ( such as the Germanic or Persian Limes ) giving a chance to breathe greater in Rome ( thanks to a better capacity for rapid intervention in the event of incursions coming from those regions into its territories ) this in turn could influence the very survival or duration of the imperial administration in the West compared to Otl, given that some crises historically occurred, here they do not happen ( I am mainly talking about the British usurpers, such as Constantine III and his associates ) who forced the central government to divert resources from important fronts to intervene to resolve the various problems created
If their are still going to be political crisis and border crisises in the far future then Britannica would still be attacked

But if from Island, Scandinavia and germanic tribes which would mean the natives in Britannica would need to fight on their own

Or have legions deployed to the region

But I do see what you are saying those legion's can go to other places in empire and that the Empire could potentially expand its borders
I want to mention that at least for a considerable time, even if success would reward Urbicus' efforts, still would be need of to have Legions garrisoning it and to have to the veterans from those same legions to marry with the natives and settle there. But, also, to point that this scenario would have the potential advantage, for Rome and for the Same Britannia's future, that besides to have new 'fresh' sources for Auxilia, to also, to recruit Legionarii/Classiarii in Britain and even Hibernia, to have/keep their own Legions/Classis in the Irish Sea. One that perhaps would be based on a TTL taken Monapia/Mannia (Island of Man)...

Last edited: