The Prince of the Roses - A Tudor TL

Man, Charles VIII really screwed them over hard in 1494, didn't he?

Yeah, it's not looking to good for Naples right now is it?

unfortunately Naples is only the main emblem to demonstrate the Italian weakness from the military point of view of the time, where the largest regional state was easily defeated in 2/3 battles ( which so shocked the rest of Italy, from dont seek a clash with the French troops, in fact Fornovo more than a victory ( as it is represented in national historiography ) was a draw which all in all favored the French, given that it further demonstrated how militarily weak and politically divided the peninsula was ( making the possible conquest even easier, after all, a single main Italian city was worth as much as the entire kingdom of France from an economic point of view, which is why controlling it was tempting for many ) so now that France suddenly finds itself with one less important adversary with the disappearance of the imperial Habsburgs ( England doesn't count, it didn't represent a serious threat to France, it was more of a nuisance ) it will be easier for them to obtain the hegemony in Italy ( even more so if they can buy the Papacy, Clemente is aiming to govern Florence, so if Paris helps him, he would be more than willing to give the rest of the country to the French ) so let's get ready for a re-edition of the Carolingian Empire in Valois style, with France, Italy and parts of Burgundy and the Rhineland under their control

Last edited:
unfortunately Naples is only the main emblem to demonstrate the Italian weakness from the military point of view of the time, where the largest regional state was easily defeated in 2/3 battles ( which so shocked the rest of Italy, from seek a clash with the French troops, in fact Fornovo more than a victory ( as it is represented in national historiography ) was a draw which all in all favored the French, given that it further demonstrated how militarily weak and politically divided the peninsula was ( making the possible conquest even easier, after all, a single main Italian city was worth as much as the entire kingdom of France from an economic point of view, which is why controlling it was tempting for many ) so now that France suddenly finds itself with one less important adversary with the disappearance of the imperial Habsburgs ( England doesn't count, it didn't represent a serious threat to France, it was more of a nuisance ) it will be easier for them to obtain the hegemony in Italy ( even more so if they can buy the Papacy, Clemente is aiming to govern Florence, so if Paris helps him, he would be more than willing to give the rest of the country to the French )
I think we shall see a much more french dominated Italy in this timeline, given that I (somewhat shortsighted perhaps? Whatever!) nuked the Austrian Hapsburg.

I know you do. But on the plus side, no Vasas on the throne of Sweden. And as for Norway, I haven't made up my mind yet. ;)
I’m no fan of the Stures either! And honestly, I would rather have Denmark-Norway united under the Frederickan Oldenburgs than see it split and have Christian rule one of the realms. The twin realms must be forever undivided 🥲

There's always sicily. The island is good!

if for this reason there are also my Sardinia ( which personally beats Sicily 2 to 0, for beauty 😜 ) and Corsica ( which technically is part of the Sardinian Corsican kingdom created by Boniface VIII in 1298 ) then it wouldn't be bad if Ferdinand decides to intervene in "defense" of the island to take it away from France, uniting the two islands in a single kingdom 😇

if for this reason there are also my Sardinia ( which personally beats Sicily 2 to 0, for beauty 😜 ) and Corsica ( which technically is part of the Sardinian Corsican kingdom created by Boniface VIII in 1298 ) then it wouldn't be bad if Ferdinand decides to intervene in "defense" of the island to take it away from France, uniting the two islands in a single kingdom 😇
Me too.

That's a consolation. And Hope christian lives and has even a single kingdom.
He will have one kingdom. I am not saying what kingdom it will be however!
There's always sicily. The island is good!
Yes, I am aware of your love for Sicily.
I’m no fan of the Stures either! And honestly, I would rather have Denmark-Norway united under the Frederickan Oldenburgs than see it split and have Christian rule one of the realms. The twin realms must be forever undivided 🥲
I am interested in the Stures, so I am happy to write them. Christina Gyllenstierna is underrated! And no telling if Denmark-Norway will stay joined together.
Catfight! And that is food for thought! Thank you!

I think we shall see a much more french dominated Italy in this timeline, given that I (somewhat shortsighted perhaps? Whatever!) nuked the Austrian Hapsburg.

so don't worry, sometimes it happens, I just believe that if things in the East go like Otl, perhaps we will end up with a strong Catholic dynasty that holds Bohemia + Hungary + Austria and Bavaria ( that's when the fun ends for France, perhaps the future HRE Emperors ask Rome to be able to secularize Salzburg, to make it their capital, given that it would be halfway between Munich and Vienna ) given that it would have a state more than capable of fighting on equal terms with her ( Suleyman and Protestants permitting ) for the control of imperial Italy

Last edited:
so don't worry, sometimes it happens, I just believe that if things in the East go like Otl, perhaps we will end up with a strong Catholic dynasty that holds Bohemia + Hungary + Austria and Bavaria
That would be a cool thing indeed.
( that's when the fun ends for France, perhaps the future HRE Emperors ask Rome to be able to secularize Salzburg, to make it their capital, given that it would be halfway between Munich and Vienna ) given that it would have a state more than capable of fighting on equal terms with her ( Suleyman and Protestants permitting ) for the control of imperial Italy
The Imperial capital of Saltzburg sounds dope as heck. *goes off to plotting*