An Age of Miracles III: The Romans Endure

This is how I read it as well. Gonna be hilarious if one side allies with Henri of the Triunes - maybe he gets Bengal back in exchange for some naval support to help Sophia clear the Aegean of loyalists?
Maybe this, but with the Spanish instead of Triunes (and perhaps further concessions in the East Indies instead of Bengal). IIRC the Spanish throne was worried about Roman influence in Italy upsetting the balance of power in the western Med, so a formalized agreement there may be the impetus for a broader arrangement.

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
Maybe this, but with the Spanish instead of Triunes (and perhaps further concessions in the East Indies instead of Bengal). IIRC the Spanish throne was worried about Roman influence in Italy upsetting the balance of power in the western Med, so a formalized agreement there may be the impetus for a broader arrangement.
the problem is the roman allies.
the republic of Genoa which holds Genoa, Corsica and Tunisia is a vassal basically. South Italy is a commonwealth member like. they have the basileus as head of state but for the rest do almost everything on their own.

The best i can see is Genoa being set as swtizerland like state and guarantee it's independence? this way Rome loses influence on nothern Italy (except Venetia) and goes back to the south + Rome.

Perhaps both sides will start approaching some foreign powers for help, with the impasse solved by the arrival of Demetrios with a bunch of Indian mercenaries (who will later stay in Rhomania, creating a syncritism between Hinduism and Orthodoxy :openedeyewink: ).

Perhaps both sides will start approaching some foreign powers for help, with the impasse solved by the arrival of Demetrios with a bunch of Indian mercenaries (who will later stay in Rhomania, creating a syncritism between Hinduism and Orthodoxy :openedeyewink: ).
Sounds like someone is working on in universe ATLs.

I can't see anyone going that far. If there's help I would expect it to come from the Orthodox world. Russia clearly has an interest in seeing the general crisis end. I could see Georgia wanting to see Rome stabilize as the Ottomans keep poking around near their border.
Could be russians as they are going to become main power on the Orthodox world. Maybe ending Roman civil war will be start of this power shift.

Could be russians as they are going to become main power on the Orthodox world. Maybe ending Roman civil war will be start of this power shift.
Almost certain the Russians will become one of the big dogs in the world & eclipse the Romans. They're being set up with far stronger institutions then OTL that won't result in their industrial/demographic handicaps OTL.

But Rhomania will always be their spiritual/cultural big brother.

Yes. however anyone may find "distasteful" a foreign intervention, they may be the best option. Don't know if they are capable of that yet (it's been a while since we read about them), but their intervention doesn't have to be that big, it's more about tipping the scales.