What civilization or nation deserves to have its own TL?

a timeline centred around the Gauls would be nice to read.
Well..... a Gaul wank alternate history timeline already exists:
asterix-jpg.jpg

Yeah I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Korean TL sadly. Like for my own TL, I’ve had to write a lot about Joseon and there’s so much to read and unpack. Very much overlooked.
A Korea tl where they modernise with missile weapons would be such a rad tl. Conquering Manchuria would be such a cool thing to do, and make their population big enough to work against China and Japan.

I'd like to see Inca tls where the Inca manage to survive. Of all advanced American civs the Inca are the most likely to do so. Maybe if the Incas invent writing?

A Korea tl where they modernise with missile weapons would be such a rad tl. Conquering Manchuria would be such a cool thing to do, and make their population big enough to work against China and Japan.
Timeline where Korea is the dominant Asian power while *Russia is set up by a Uralic people when?

tbf a Polish 'Russia' would be so cool too. The plc stretching from sea to shining sea lol.
This rather excellent flight-of-fancy was posted by *someone* in one of the map threads a couple years back, don't remember who.... think he said it was originally posted on Reddit. I liked the deliberately-archaic style so much (despite the unnervingly-similar-to-OTL-borders) that I saved it to my mobile :)
The colonies in Africa and the Americas are... interesting....

"Poland can into... EVERYWHERE!" :D
9vXJH2D.jpg

Uralic-speaking Russia with some ASB intervention (a plurality of its male population belong to Y-haplogroup Q1a) could also be possible.
Time for this Uralic-speaking Russia and a mega-Korea to somehow get into a war with one another, if you know what I'm thinking about. ;)

I'd like to see Inca tls where the Inca manage to survive. Of all advanced American civs the Inca are the most likely to do so. Maybe if the Incas invent writing?
This TL died a long time ago, but I still can't recommend it enough:

This rather excellent flight-of-fancy was posted by *someone* in one of the map threads a couple years back, don't remember who.... think he said it was originally posted on Reddit. I liked the deliberately-archaic style so much (despite the unnervingly-similar-to-OTL-borders) that I saved it to my mobile :)
The colonies in Africa and the Americas are... interesting....

"Poland can into... EVERYWHERE!" :D
Poland can into everywhere indeed lol, I love big Poland tls in general.

the only sad part here is no polish Manchuria lol, it'd make the far east a lot more self-sufficient.
Uralic-speaking Russia with some ASB intervention (a plurality of its male population belong to Y-haplogroup Q1a) could also be possible.
tbf it doesn't need ASB just a really early pod/a line of ppl who're just very good at their jobs and I think they can slowly take the region back.
This TL died a long time ago, but I still can't recommend it enough:
yeah I loved the tl. I'm sad that its dead.

I think American tis about native civs have shifted to alt domestication packages, which are still very cool.

Last edited:
Anything involving Amazigh people/culture
They almost always get overshadowed by Arabs, Carthage, and even Vandals who barely lasted a century.
Give North Africa the timeline they deserve!

More TLs about Scythians and other Iranian peoples.
The Kushan Empire of Tocharian-Iranian origin is also largely forgotten. This nation was one of the most powerful in Central Asia and Northern India, blending Indian, Iranian, and even, Greek cultures.
The Kushans also helped to expand Buddhism through the Silk Road to China.

Perhaps the Tongan "Empire"? With it at least maintaining its position beyond 1500 (rather than starting to decline) so when the Europeans reach that part of the Pacific in the early 17th C some form of wider unified society across a number of island groups?
I'm all in for alt-Polynesians!

@Silver01 has a Berber Empire in their No Islam TL, so there’s that.
It quite literally started as the closest to the caliphate and now it became an interesting view point of romano central administration combined with tribal politics and religious views the amazigh were the best thing to write aside from longer rule tang central asia

Anything involving Amazigh people/culture
They almost always get overshadowed by Arabs, Carthage, and even Vandals who barely lasted a century.
Give North Africa the timeline they deserve!
Behold the great amazigh empire from my timeline

The empire used this battle flag some times as saint Cyprian is an important figure to then
unknown-20.png

Along side monograms because those were used in antiquity
1586653428164 (1).png

The empire is divided into provinces and vassals the level of autonomy depends on the vassals the
Laguatan, Nasamones, and Masmuda Confederations being closed to the center of power have more restrictions compared to the amazigh beyond anzag so mostly the semi and nomadic tribes outside of the main centers the exceptions being Egypt and Spain especially Spain which while being a vassal had enough power and did challenge the amazigh emperor on multiple occasions this system also what allowed big expansion but yeah the amazigh were among the best thing to write
bERBER (1).png