Who will led:Fascist China

In an event where China goes fascist pre-WW2,who will lead them?

Many people will say Wang Jingwei,or even Chiang Himself.

Now,can i hear your Opinion,AH.Com?

KMT China just about did go Fascist, there was a Blue Shirts Society. If you're looking for a case where KMT China is part of the Axis, it would have been more like a pre-Garibaldi Italy than a Mussolini Italy.

How could it go Fascist if it was so divided? I could see some elements of the KMT under Chaing's control going that way, the other warlords not so much. Jingwei I don't really see as being a leader of a fascist pre-WW2 China.

Considering Chaing's Germanophilia (as well as the fact that the KMT had pretty much become a Fascist party by the late 20's/early 30's), I'd say that Chaing himself would be a pretty good bet.

Where does Japan fit in? If it's still at war w/China and blocking off China's coasts, the only way Germany would have access to China is to follow Alfred Rosenberg's idea of a Reichskommissariat Turkestan. At that point Xinjiang's warlord Sheng Shicai would be the first to get German weapons unless Chiang and the Ma Clique launched a pre-emptive strike.

Last edited:

thaddeus

Donor
If Germany had kept supplying KMT China through the Second Sino-Japanese War, admittedly would have been difficult later on, the KMT would have certainly fared better.

in the OTL Japan was trying to come to some kind of terms? of course they weren't trusted. but if the KMT was in strong position?

Chiang pushed aside because he won't negotiate, Wang Jingwei becomes leader of Nationalist China much larger than historically?

probably joins the Axis? German u-boats based in China not Penang, not much other help for Axis? other than to threaten Siberia and railroad.

China much closer to Germany, adopts much of fascist ideology and techniques to consolidate hold over country. would expect the Nationalists to fare better against the Communists too.

one interesting spinoff? early German work on long range aircraft AND u-boats.

thaddeus

Donor
Where does Japan fit in? If it's still at war w/China and blocking off China's coasts, the only way Germany would have access to China is to follow Alfred Rosenberg's idea of a Reichskommissariat Turkestan. At that point Xinjiang's warlord Sheng Shicai would be the first to get German weapons unless Chiang and the Ma Clique launched a pre-emptive strike.

pretty tough slog for the Japanese as it was, if Germany had kept up their traditional ties to the KMT? they were slated to get S-boats, maybe they had some other nasty surprises for the Japanese?

could transit through Russia for a while (Sheng Shicai had a price!) and my speculation of earlier German interest in long range aircraft and u-boats.

How could it go Fascist if it was so divided? I could see some elements of the KMT under Chaing's control going that way, the other warlords not so much. Jingwei I don't really see as being a leader of a fascist pre-WW2 China.
Well,Jingwei can be put as a candidate due to his Japanese connections.
Considering Chaing's Germanophilia (as well as the fact that the KMT had pretty much become a Fascist party by the late 20's/early 30's), I'd say that Chaing himself would be a pretty good bet.
Really? But it all cut short by Germany's stop on supplying the Chinese,right?

Tsao

Banned
Jiang was pretty damn fascist all by himself; there are certainly PODs that could have pushed him into the Axis bloc.

Really? But it all cut short by Germany's stop on supplying the Chinese,right?
Chaing liked Germany because it didn't have any colonial designs on China and he was sympathetic to the ultra-nationalist message of the Nazi Party. He even let his son join the Wehrmacht so he could be trained by what Chaing saw as the best army in the world.

Jiang was pretty damn fascist all by himself; there are certainly PODs that could have pushed him into the Axis bloc.
There's Japan.
Chaing liked Germany because it didn't have any colonial designs on China and he was sympathetic to the ultra-nationalist message of the Nazi Party. He even let his son join the Wehrmacht so he could be trained by what Chaing saw as the best army in the world.
Wait.

What
Isnt his son is held hostage by the USSR?

There's Japan.

Wait.

What
Isnt his son is held hostage by the USSR?

His biological son Chiang Ching-kuo was in SU (and got himself a (Bylo-)Russian bride), while his foster son Chiang Wei-kuo was in the Wehrmacht and participated in the blitzkrieg againsp Poland. They both went home during the late 30s as relations deteriorated.

His biological son Chiang Ching-kuo was in SU (and got himself a (Bylo-)Russian bride), while his foster son Chiang Wei-kuo was in the Wehrmacht and participated in the blitzkrieg againsp Poland. They both went home during the late 30s as relations deteriorated.
Ah.....that guy...I remember him as that "Whoa,a chinese dude on the Europe theatre?"

I Wonder if that guy studied Hitler's philosophy.